If ed had been canned?

What does EVERYBODY think would have happened if Ed was CANNED?

Would Babb have stayed?
OTTZILLA??
Edwards?

[quote=“hoopla, post:1, topic:1010”]What does EVERYBODY think would have happened if Ed was CANNED?

Would Babb have stayed?
OTTZILLA??
Edwards?[/quote]

I think they would all have left anyway.

All would’ve left, and probably more bad news just like this.

Everyone that talked about a new coach coming in and getting to takeover the same roster we currently have is just talking crazy. It’s very rare that a change in coaches means the players all stay put also - generally it’s just chaos, similar to what we’re seeing now but usually worse even.

What does EVERYBODY think would have happened if Ed was CANNED?

Would Babb have stayed?
OTTZILLA??
Edwards?

and I believe it would have been blamed on Ed leaving. :wink:

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:3, topic:1010”]All would’ve left, and probably more bad news just like this.

Everyone that talked about a new coach coming in and getting to takeover the same roster we currently have is just talking crazy. It’s very rare that a change in coaches means the players all stay put also - generally it’s just chaos, similar to what we’re seeing now but usually worse even.[/quote]
Can’t seeing it be much worse.

[quote="Craftsy21, post:3, topic:1010"]All would've left, and probably more bad news just like this.

Everyone that talked about a new coach coming in and getting to takeover the same roster we currently have is just talking crazy. It’s very rare that a change in coaches means the players all stay put also - generally it’s just chaos, similar to what we’re seeing now but usually worse even.[/quote]

How about, Battle goes pro, Buie goes to maryland?

[quote="Craftsy21, post:3, topic:1010"]All would've left, and probably more bad news just like this.

really? How about if Talor goes pro? How about if that causes Taran to go elsewhere? There’s still talk of another guy leaving… Trust me, it can (and might) get worse still.

really? How about if Talor goes pro? How about if that causes Taran to go elsewhere? There’s still talk of another guy leaving… Trust me, it can (and might) get worse still.

True could have the junior commits back out of the verbals which would really push things back more.

Only one thing for sure:

-ROKK would be BACK :smiley:

Needless to say - if the Talor/Taran thing were to happen, I think many (self included) would quickly change our tune about keeping Ed next year.

[quote=“hoopla, post:1, topic:1010”]What does EVERYBODY think would have happened if Ed was CANNED?

Would Babb have stayed?
OTTZILLA??
Edwards?[/quote]They all would have left but the new coach wouldn’t have to walk into the mess that will be PSU basketball in 2011-2012

How about, Battle goes pro, Buie goes to maryland?

That would be disaster, but honestly I think that there is some real truth to Talor wanting to play with Taran for at least a year.

[quote=“Craftsy21, post:10, topic:1010”]Needless to say - if the Talor/Taran thing were to happen, I think many (self included) would quickly change our tune about keeping Ed next year.[/quote]Craftsy there is still room for you. Only a couple spots left! :wink:

[quote="Craftsy21, post:10, topic:1010"]Needless to say - if the Talor/Taran thing were to happen, I think many (self included) would quickly change our tune about keeping Ed next year.[/quote]Craftsy there is still room for you. Only a couple spots left! ;)

alright, i’ll admit i chuckled at that.

[quote="hoopla, post:1, topic:1010"]What does EVERYBODY think would have happened if Ed was CANNED?

Would Babb have stayed?
OTTZILLA??
Edwards?[/quote]

I might agree with you-a little undecided on this one. I am pretty sure they would not have defected due to playing time, being homesick, or anything else if consistent winning would have been part of their experience this year and projected into the future.

One has to wonder if one or more of the assistant coaches may be looking around as well. Their careers and upward mobility is at risk too as they will be perceived to be “guilty by assocation”.

This is the most pointless thread ever. Is there going to be an “Ed should be fired” thread every week throughout the offseason? It’s getting old. I’m beginning to think some of you enjoy seeing players transfer and think a transfer “proves” Ed bashers right. Do you believe that if coach was canned, it would result in less players transferring? Wouldn’t that drive more players to transfer if anything? A lot of you guys have been complaining about Ott all season. Edwards has been injured most of the season.

I’ve been following this program since the '80s, and I think many others on this board are the same way. We’d just like to be able to enjoy the actual seasons more!

No, but it might stop the bleeding and help the program overall. The only think that I think matters in the short/immediate term is:

[ul][li]We need to give Taran Buie and Talor Battle some reasons to be enthusiastic about playing at PSU next year[/li][/ul]

I think a new coach, if we pick a good one - {no more ‘psu’ guys, please} - could keep them on board and give the program a shot in the arm. I don’t see how ‘staying the course’ will help, unless Ed can pull a rabbit out of the hat.

Christian Appleman is on Curley’s short list.

[quote="OzLion, post:18, topic:1010"]I think a new coach, if we pick a good one - {no more 'psu' guys, please} - could keep them on board and give the program a shot in the arm. I don't see how 'staying the course' will help, unless Ed can pull a rabbit out of the hat.[/quote]

Christian Appleman is on Curley’s short list.

well, they’ve got us by the short and curleys then, don’t they