I hope Curley is making a list

Curley should start putting out feelers now. If Ed makes the NCAA next year, great. If not, that 2003 hire looks way too much like the colossal failure some of us always thought it would be. Time to move on pretty soon, and get it right this time. Parkhill’s one time NCAA appearance from the A-10 is not impressive, and he apparently didn’t teach anyone else how to coach

What evidence have you seen that makes you think Curley is even remotely interested in replacing DeChellis?

Get real. That dog won’t hunt for at least a few more seasons!

[quote="psu_DC, post:1, topic:1191"]Curley should start putting out feelers now. If Ed makes the NCAA next year, great. If not, that 2003 hire looks way too much like the colossal failure some of us always thought it would be. Time to move on pretty soon, and get it right this time. Parkhill's one time NCAA appearance from the A-10 is not impressive, and he apparently didn't teach anyone else how to coach[/quote] What evidence have you seen that makes you think Curley is even remotely interested in replacing DeChellis?

he has to. If he fired Dunn after 8 seasons, Ed can’t stay for a 9th. Most here won’t admit it, but Ed has fallen way short of even Dunn’s performance.

[quote="psu_DC, post:1, topic:1191"]Curley should start putting out feelers now. If Ed makes the NCAA next year, great. If not, that 2003 hire looks way too much like the colossal failure some of us always thought it would be. Time to move on pretty soon, and get it right this time. Parkhill's one time NCAA appearance from the A-10 is not impressive, and he apparently didn't teach anyone else how to coach[/quote] What evidence have you seen that makes you think Curley is even remotely interested in replacing DeChellis?

he has to. If he fired Dunn after 8 seasons, Ed can’t stay for a 9th. Most here won’t admit it, but Ed has fallen way short of even Dunn’s performance.

Didn’t you hear psu_DC? Apparently Ed has brought in much better players than Dunn! The fact that he has done less with these “better” players apparently isn’t that important.

Didn’t you hear psu_DC? Apparently Ed has brought in much better players than Dunn! The fact that he has done less with these “better” players apparently isn’t that important.

I agree that Ed has brought in better players than Dunn. I don’t know whether the problem is developing them, the distribution of positions he recruits, or in- game coaching, but Ed has produced less than Dunn. After 7 years you can’t blame Dunn anymore for the fact that Ed isn’t winning

Another issue has been scheduling. I would classify Ed as extremely wimpy in that category

I agree that Ed has brought in better players than Dunn. I don’t know whether the problem is developing them, the distribution of positions he recruits, or in- game coaching, but Ed has produced less than Dunn. After 7 years you c6n’t blame Dunn anymore for the fact that Ed isn’t winning

I still say that its closer than most think. Regardless, if one concedes that Ed has brought in superior talent than one* must also concede that he must be woefully inadequate in many other areas to have done so litle with this talent.

[size=6pt]*except UncleLar who I am sure has some tempo free weighted rolling average luck adjusted stats to throw at me.[/size] :wink:

Curley won’t fire Ed. The fact of the matter is the program is in better shape than it was when Ed got here. Is it good enough? no, but we’re losing games by a lot less than we were back when it was 25 point blow out nights every other game.

Do I think Ed should go? Yes. Do I think he’s done us no good? Not at all.

[quote=“NGameday, post:7, topic:1191”]Curley won’t fire Ed. The fact of the matter is the program is in better shape than it was when Ed got here. Is it good enough? no, but we’re losing games by a lot less than we were back when it was 25 point blow out nights every other game.

Do I think Ed should go? Yes. Do I think he’s done us no good? Not at all.[/quote]

He could win 10 games a year foreer and that would be true. At some point that can no longer be a valid argument. Its been nearly a decade and I think that day has come and gone.

[quote=“NGameday, post:7, topic:1191”]Curley won’t fire Ed. The fact of the matter is the program is in better shape than it was when Ed got here. Is it good enough? no, but we’re losing games by a lot less than we were back when it was 25 point blow out nights every other game.

Do I think Ed should go? Yes. Do I think he’s done us no good? Not at all.[/quote]

No it isn’t.

[quote="NGameday, post:7, topic:1191"]Curley won't fire Ed. [b]The fact of the matter is the program is in better shape than it was when Ed got here.[/b] Is it good enough? no, but we're losing games by a lot less than we were back when it was 25 point blow out nights every other game.

He could win 10 games a year foreer and that would be true. At some point that can no longer be a valid argument. Its been nearly a decade and I think that day has come and gone.

At what point should anyone believe Curley is interested in “valid arguments”?

When people continue to apologize for DeChellis’ lack of success, find reasons why it isn’t fair to judge him for not winning enough games or bringing in premiere players, and proclaim that

we should know where the program is headed by end of the fall semester
I would think that it is blatantly apparent that “valid arguments” carry no reason or importance.

The only thing that matters is AD Tim Curley has been quoted that he “likes the way DeChellis runs the program” and that he believes Ed has the stewardship of one of the best programs in the country. Whether he actually believes what he is quoted as saying or he is just saying it as a PR move, there has been nothing to even remotely indicate that Curley would be willing to consider relieving DeChellis of his job as head coach.

And he didn’t like the way Dunn ran the program? Hmm, I wonder what the difference bewteen Dunn and Dechellis is. Very interesting.

[quote="NGameday, post:7, topic:1191"]Curley won't fire Ed.[b] The fact of the matter is the program is in better shape than it was when Ed got here[/b]. Is it good enough? no, but we're losing games by a lot less than we were back when it was 25 point blow out nights every other game.

No it isn’t.

For the record I didn’t defend him, I’m just stating why THEY won’t fire him.

[quote="NGameday, post:7, topic:1191"]Curley won't fire Ed.[b] The fact of the matter is the program is in better shape than it was when Ed got here[/b]. Is it good enough? no, but we're losing games by a lot less than we were back when it was 25 point blow out nights every other game.

No it isn’t.

For the record I didn’t defend him, I’m just stating why THEY won’t fire him.

But do you really think the program is in better shape now than in 2003? I don’t think it’s much better. Battle individually is better than those players, but otherwise things seem the same (or worse in some areas)

Apparently we are losing better players than we used to through transfers, decommitments and quitting. ::slight_smile: