PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

I guess the grass is always greener

From the wisconsin scout board after the game…

PSU is a tournament team, that would have been a fine win. They are well coached, athletic, and play with great energy.

On a secondary note…I do find it disconcerning that the same type of player that would take this team to a final four ends up at PSU. How do they end up with Jackson and Brooks? You put this 6-6-6
7 wings with diverse games and shooting ability on UW and we’re ranked #3 with one loss.

Seriously as fine a team as PSU has, they haven’t made the tourney since Truman was in office and they land that type of wing talent.

Frustrating.

Funny, a lot of people claimed just a few weeks ago that guys like Brooks and (more specifically) Jackson aren’t Big10 caliber players. Now Wisconsin fans are jealous of them being on our squad? Ain’t it funny what a few weeks and a bit of perspective can change? ;D

“But Je sus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house.”

lol, that is funny.

Brooks came in as a project, he had all the athletic ability but it has took him until his senior year to put everything together. There was a reason why Louisville was taking a very hard look at him before he committed here.

I know that some on the board really want to see Brooks playing more as a back to the basket 5. I think these last few weeks have shown exactly why he’s been playing the role that he’s been playing. When he’s at his best, he’s a matchup nightmare than can knock down the 3, drive and score, or score down low. My chief concern coming into this season (and even heading into January) was our ability to keep defenses honest by knocking down outside jumpers. DJ has really stepped up in that role, and now Brooks is proving to be a guy that you can’t leave open. Amazing how far his outside shot has come in a couple of years, and I’m sure that it’s a testament to the amount of time he’s spent in the gym working on that shot.