I found a suprising bit of info on our defections

EDIT: The Talor interview in the MSU program incorrectly identified Bill Edwards instead of Billy Oliver as one of the roommates.

I just scanned thru the MSU game program before discarding it and noticed an interview with Talor. In it he lists Babb, Edwards and Ott as his roommates. I don’t know if there were any issues between them, but it just seems odd that all of Talor’s roommates are voluntarily not returning next year. I don’t recall reading this at the time they all announced and I hope it’s just a coincidence.

EDIT: The Talor interview in the MSU program incorrectly identified Bill Edwards instead of Billy Oliver as one of the roommates.

I wouldn’t read too much into it…espm the mag did mention at one time Edwards was rubbing people the wrong way,but since ott was gonna be gone anyway,and babb openly talked about wanting to go home…just bad luck on Talors part

[quote=“JakkL, post:1, topic:1073”]I just scanned thru the MSU game program before discarding it and noticed an interview with Talor. In it he lists Babb, Edwards and Ott as his roommates. I don’t know if there were any issues between them, but it just seems odd that all of Talor’s roommates are voluntarily not returning next year. I don’t recall reading this at the time they all announced and I hope it’s just a coincidence.[/quote]Probably reading to much into it. Just my gut but probably Ott- not enough playing time and Babb/Edwards- Closer to home and sick of losing

A non-starter.

Curious? Certainly! But even if it is true, no one would ever admit to it. Furthermore, all the naysayers and apologists will comment that it is merely coincidence, or bad luck, or tainted mojo, or some other result from an unforeseen alignment of the planets. ::slight_smile:

I’ll be a naysayer but the first fact is Billy Oliver is the other roomate not Bill Edwards and Chris Babb is one of my favorites and has been to my home for numerous events. :wink:

Thanks for clearing that up. I was hoping it was just a coincidence. Talor probably said Billy in the interview and they filled in Edwards instead of Oliver when they typed it up.

“Defections” is such a negative way to put it. It’s like the cold war or something. They are graduating from college or transferring to another school. That’s all. Good luck to all of them.

[quote="JakkL, post:1, topic:1073"]I just scanned thru the MSU game program before discarding it and noticed an interview with Talor. In it he lists Babb, Edwards and Ott as his roommates. I don't know if there were any issues between them, but it just seems odd that all of Talor's roommates are voluntarily not returning next year. I don't recall reading this at the time they all announced and I hope it's just a coincidence.[/quote]Probably reading to much into it. [b]Just my gut but probably Ott- not enough playing time[/b] and Babb/Edwards- Closer to home and sick of losing

Didn’t I read that Ott’s shoulder injury is one that does not ever totally heal. It looked like he was really struggling with the injury at the end of the season. Perhaps it had a lot to do with his decision to step aside. I remember Mel’s injury and how many times he reaggrivated it throughout the season.

[quote="JakkL, post:1, topic:1073"]I just scanned thru the MSU game program before discarding it and noticed an interview with Talor. In it he lists Babb, Edwards and Ott as his roommates. I don't know if there were any issues between them, but it just seems odd that all of Talor's roommates are voluntarily not returning next year. I don't recall reading this at the time they all announced and I hope it's just a coincidence.[/quote]Probably reading to much into it. [b]Just my gut but probably Ott- not enough playing time[/b] and Babb/Edwards- Closer to home and sick of losing

Didn’t I read that Ott’s shoulder injury is one that does not ever totally heal. It looked like he was really struggling with the injury at the end of the season. Perhaps it had a lot to do with his decision to step aside. I remember Mel’s injury and how many times he reaggrivated it throughout the season.

I may have been the one who posted that. Basically once you dislocate (or subluxate) your should once you are at a much higher risk of it happening again. Until I had surgery I got so bad that I would roll out of bed some mornings and it would pop out. Let me tell you that is one rude awakening.

Melle’s surgery was the same as what I had from what I’ve gathered and it takes a good 6 months of rehab before you can get the full range of motion back.

Possibly. He also has been in school for 4+ years and was prob ready to move on. Losing and little playing time probably didn’t have him dying to stay for another year.