PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

How close are you to Indy

Went to the tournament last year and had tickets for the whole tourney. Stayed through Friday, but with not dog in the fight we decided to head home first thing Saturday moning. Given that, I held up our mezzanine tickets. It took all of 10 seconds and they were pruchased by an Illini. fan at face value.
We (PSU) have almost zero presence at this tounament. Today thousand, upon thousands of fans fron the state of Michigan looked to sell their tickets. Problem was that one of the survivor teams had almost no one there to buy up the supply. Based on my experience, chance are that a huge # of tickets will be available for tomorrows. game.
If you live within a four-five or so hours (that’s not too far), I am real confident that there will be a large supply of tickets available from the scalpers or in some cases the defeated fan base who still had the Saturday hotel room and would rather sell to someone who will actually use the seat than to a scalper.

Believe me, if I was under 350 mile drive from Indy, I would be making the drive. Hope some of you decide to make the trip, a few more PSU fans would be great and both needed and appreciated.

700 miles & 11-12 hours away. Looks like I should leave pretty soon. :smiley:

For me it is 560 miles and 8 hours.

1,037 miles and 17 hours.

Well this is a good idea. I am to far away to get there but Lets encourage the nittany nation to invade.

Where is the best place to get tickets if we decide to go? Stubhub as them at @$135/ticket in what would be close to our season tickets in the BJC.

Scalp them outside - there will be plenty.

Seriously, get the 30 busses lined up now. It’s gonna be a buyer’s market tomorrow according to the scalpers.

Where is the best place to get tickets if we decide to go? Stubhub as them at @$135/ticket in what would be close to our season tickets in the BJC.

You won’t be sitting down and to my left though Lar… :wink:

I’m not sure i want to risk the drive to get crappy tickets.

Me and a friend are leaving here in a few hours to drive part the way, then the rest tomorrow to Indy. First ever appearance in the Big Ten Championship, playing against the #1 team in the nation, special group of seniors…can’t miss this one.

If you’re taking route 90 you could pick me up on the way, but you’re probably planning on taking route 80 right?

[quote="the man behind the mask, post:6, topic:2118"]Where is the best place to get tickets if we decide to go? Stubhub as them at @$135/ticket in what would be close to our season tickets in the BJC.[/quote]

ditto- that was the basis of my first post in this thread.

Duff,

You want to car pool from the ATL?

I wish I could…hoping we might play in Charlotte first round. A 3 hour 15 minute trip as opposed to 8 hours.

I’m thinking about road tripping if opening game is in DC or Charlotte.

You know noobd…we rarely see eye-to-eye on this board…but if we should meet in Charlotte, at least we will see eye-to-eye in person. I hope to see you there. Obviously they have to be there and I have to clear my busy schedule, but I would be honored to be in your, and everyone else from this board’s, presence, since I don’t get up to Happy Valley during the winter anymore.

[quote="the man behind the mask, post:6, topic:2118"]Where is the best place to get tickets if we decide to go? Stubhub as them at @$135/ticket in what would be close to our season tickets in the BJC.[/quote]

Guys like you are what make the ticket brokers rich. You can ALWAYS get better/cheaper tickets outside an arena from a scalper than you can from any of the online brokers.

Guys like you are what make the ticket brokers rich. You can ALWAYS get better/cheaper tickets outside an arena from a scalper than you can from any of the online brokers.

Except that now with the bar coded tickets that get cancelled when you sell them online, you never know what you are getting from a scalper. I would never buy an MLB ticket for a good team from a scalper anymore. Though I’d imagine, you’d be pretty safe at the conference tournament.

1100 miles to Indy, but close enough to Tulsa and Denver and maybe even Tuscon.

Parking the car :). Let’s do this!!

And speaking of Indy…

After PSU wins today, will Cody Zeller hop onto the team bus and announce that he’s coming to PSU (and de-commiting from Indiana)? ;D