How about a little love for my hometown?

Gotta love Philly. Here’s the poll on Philly.com today:

Who was most at fault for the Phillies’ loss to the Yankees in Game 4 of the World Series?

LOL!

The Yankees were not one of the choices!

Yep, that’s Philly…

Good article today about the pitching rotations…

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/20091103_Rich_Hofmann__Rest_is_history_for_pitching_strategy.html

With Lee pitching game 5, I immediately thought the strategy was Lee (and a W) in games 5 and 7 (on short rest, deal with that later rather than sooner…) and then you have to win one of games 4 and 6. They didn’t get game 4 (although it was close) and now they have to get game 6, but I like the way Charlie postponed the short rest start for Lee until the very end, whereas CC has already pitched on short rest, and now even a “normal rest” behind it won’t necessarily be a full recovery.

Interesting game of Chess going on.

[quote=“MarkH, post:2, topic:176”]Yep, that’s Philly…

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/phillies/20091103_Rich_Hofmann__Rest_is_history_for_pitching_strategy.html

With Lee pitching game 5, I immediately thought the strategy was Lee (and a W) in games 5 and 7 (on short rest, deal with that later rather than sooner…) and then you have to win one of games 4 and 6. They didn’t get game 4 (although it was close) and now they have to get game 6, but I like the way Charlie postponed the short rest start for Lee until the very end, whereas CC has already pitched on short rest, and now even a “normal rest” behind it won’t necessarily be a full recovery.

Interesting game of Chess going on. [/quote]

CC has been pitching on 3 days rest (which isn’t that uncommon at this point in the season. For Lee to come back and pitch game 7, it would be pitching on 2 days rest which just doesn’t happen.

[quote="MarkH, post:2, topic:176"]Yep, that's Philly....

Interesting game of Chess going on.[/quote]

CC has been pitching on 3 days rest (which isn’t that uncommon at this point in the season. For Lee to come back and pitch game 7, it would be pitching on 2 days rest which just doesn’t happen.

Lee will pitch a couple of innings in Game 7 if they need it. Charlie used starters in the BP between starts against Colorado. He’s certainly going to use Lee, the way he trusts his BP right now, in a deciding game.

Lee will pitch a couple of innings in Game 7 if they need it. Charlie used starters in the BP between starts against Colorado. He’s certainly going to use Lee, the way he trusts his BP right now, in a deciding game.

Except for one problem, and I hope I am wrong, but I just don’t see this thing going 7.

Weather looks like it may rain out Thursday’s game which will give Lee 3 days rest. I think even if it does get played, you’ll see Lee for at least a few innings.

And as for telling me CC will have his full rest, didn’t the Phils beat him the last time he had a full rest.

I like the Phils chances tomorrow. Petite wasn’t incredibly sharp last time out and I don’t believe he has picthed on 3 days rest in at least a few years. I think the Phils get to him early and often. As for Pedro, we’ll see. I’ve learned to not count this guy out.

I thought you were from Coatesville? :slight_smile:

[quote="tjb, post:1, topic:176"]How about a little love for my hometown?[/quote]

I thought you were from Coatesville? :slight_smile:

Sort of “Penn State student georgraphy”: It seemed you were either from Pittsburgh (50 mile radius) or Philly (50 mile radius) or somewhere else (the part Carville referred to as Alabama :wink: )