Hollidaysburg coach calls out DeChellis

Doesn’t sound like we’ll be getting any kids from Hollidaysburg anytime soon.

Pentoney speaks out on Buie’s State status

Good thing his team won. I’d have hated to see his comments if they lost.

Didn’t he complain before when Buie verballed to PSU?

Per PPG Hollidaysburg moves to WPIAL next year for football. I would assume basketball also, but haven’t seen anything in print.

Five new teams in the WPIAL next season are Erie McDowell, Altoona, Central Valley, Hollidaysburg and Our Lady of the Sacred Heart in Coraopolis. Central Valley will be the merger of Monaca and Center. OLSH is starting a football program for the first time.

If the Hollidaysburg coach likes to see transfer cheating he will love the WPIAL.

[quote=“tundra, post:3, topic:692”]Per PPG Hollidaysburg moves to WPIAL next year for football. I would assume basketball also, but haven’t seen anything in print.

Five new teams in the WPIAL next season are Erie McDowell, Altoona, Central Valley, Hollidaysburg and Our Lady of the Sacred Heart in Coraopolis. Central Valley will be the merger of Monaca and Center. OLSH is starting a football program for the first time.

If the Hollidaysburg coach likes to see transfer cheating he will love the WPIAL.

I had heard it had to do with the terrible living conditions she had in NY. I don’t see what him play here or there would do for PSU.[/quote]

If Buie and Battle had no connection whatsoever, then I could sort of see the concern over his move/transfer. They are brothers of the same mother who wanted to be close to her son who plays college basketball while giving her other son a safer environment in which to live. What sane person could argue with that?

Pentoney comes off as a real a$$ here.

If I remember correctly, she also lost her job and split up with Taran’s father just before the move. There were plenty of reasons to move. From a hoops standpoint moving from Albany to State College makes no sense.

So the guy is against it, but then says Buie playing made his team better. Methinks he should know more about the situation before running his trap.

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:5, topic:692”]If Buie and Battle had no connection whatsoever, then I could sort of see the concern over his move/transfer. They are brothers of the same mother who wanted to be close to her son who plays college basketball while giving her other son a safer environment in which to live. What sane person could argue with that?

Pentoney comes off as a real a$$ here. [/quote]

I agree … except the phrase I would use is whiny D-Bag.

Any idea if PSU hooked her up with a job? Coach K used to do this all the time for his guys - Boozer, etc.

Maybe there is more to the story than is being made public…maybe not.

Only second hand info, but I don’t think PSU had anything to do in recommending or suggesting the family move to SC. What’s the benefit? In NYS, Taran would’ve made 1st team all-state, probably led his team to the sectional championships, and played in the states again, at least making the semis. If Rich Hurley had stayed, they most likely would’ve played a demanding OOC sked as well, playing 2 or 3 games vs. NYS powerhouses either in NYC or top ranked teams like they have the last few years, teams like Rice HS, White Plains, Niagara Falls, Newburgh, Bishop Loughlin, Long Island Lutheran, Jamesville-Dewitt, Henninger. Every one of those teams has guys playing major DI basketball, at schools like Syracuse, Michigan, Cincy, UConn, Tennessee.

This guy’s a jerk.

Hollidaysburg @ State College should be fun

Wed. 2/10, should be quite interesting.

I only planned on going to 1 game to see Taran. It looks like I have my date penciled in. :slight_smile:

What a tool. I guess this guy never heard of wanting what is best for one’s family. I guess the American dream and wanting to near one’s family is not allowed in Hollidaysburg.

[quote=“kidcoyote, post:11, topic:692”]Only second hand info, but I don’t think PSU had anything to do in recommending or suggesting the family move to SC. What’s the benefit? In NYS, Taran would’ve made 1st team all-state, probably led his team to the sectional championships, and played in the states again, at least making the semis. If Rich Hurley had stayed, they most likely would’ve played a demanding OOC sked as well, playing 2 or 3 games vs. NYS powerhouses either in NYC or top ranked teams like they have the last few years, teams like Rice HS, White Plains, Niagara Falls, Newburgh, Bishop Loughlin, Long Island Lutheran, Jamesville-Dewitt, Henninger. Every one of those teams has guys playing major DI basketball, at schools like Syracuse, Michigan, Cincy, UConn, Tennessee.

This guy’s a jerk.[/quote]

Yea. I heard he doesn’t think a wing should play the post (or is it the other way around?), that Curry won’t average double figures, and that there is no reason for a post player to have to play with his back to the basket. :wink:

Have you ever been to Hollidaysburg? It’s not exactly the American Dream. This coach sounds immature.

[quote="jjepsu92, post:15, topic:692"]What a tool. I guess this guy never heard of wanting what is best for one's family. I guess the American dream and wanting to near one's family is not allowed in Hollidaysburg.[/quote]

Have you ever been to Hollidaysburg? It’s not exactly the American Dream. This coach sounds immature.

Nope, don’t know where it is but I will make sure to look it up so I don’t ever break down there. Kind of sounds as if the place has a lot of banjo playing.

The strangest part to me is the article says he sat with Coach Kanaskie and in front of Tim Curley the previous night, but didn’t mention anything to them. I wonder how he feels about the article today?

Hollidaysburg is actually a pretty nice town.

Yes it is, kind of quaint. Plus, my dear wife is from there so it can’t be so bad! ;D