Highberger out 3-4 weeks with a broken hand

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2009/11/28/highberger_to_miss_three_to_fo.aspx

That’s too bad. Best wishes on a speedy recovery, Adam!

You really have to feel sorry for the kid. He just can’t catch a break (no pun intended). I wonder if he’ll decide to hang around for another year or not. He looked like he might be able to get some minutes this year but competition for playing time is even going to be tougher next year.

Really unfortunate for him - he was starting to look like a decent contributor for us, but this has to hurt his playing time when he comes back.

Didn’t his mother make him drink his milk when he was a kid? Geez this kid needs to be blessed with holy water. Here’s hoping for a speedy recovery.

He has said that this is his last year.

[quote="UncleLar, post:3, topic:370"]You really have to feel sorry for the kid. He just can't catch a break (no pun intended). I wonder if he'll decide to hang around for another year or not. He looked like he might be able to get some minutes this year but competition for playing time is even going to be tougher next year.[/quote]

Very disappointing. With Babb’s struggles, we could’ve really used Highberger as a clutch shooter, especially if we get down early and need to shoot our way out of a deficit. I wish he’d got a good share of Morissey’s minutes, but this injury, and Frazier’s rise to prominence, precludes that almost entirely. Then again, Battle is a streaky shooter, and we’ve started to initiate an attacking style of offense, and with DJ’s newfound confidence down low and Jeff Brooks shooting touch from inside, maybe we become the team that doesn’t rely heavily on the three? Drew Jones has got to step up if we’re going to be that team, though.

[quote="UncleLar, post:3, topic:370"]You really have to feel sorry for the kid. He just can't catch a break (no pun intended). I wonder if he'll decide to hang around for another year or not. He looked like he might be able to get some minutes this year but competition for playing time is even going to be tougher next year.[/quote]

I know - but that was before his injury. That was why I asked the question.

If I were to spell it out in more detail:

He clearly has progressed to the point where he was competing for playing time. The injury obviously handicaps him for this season. If he doesn’t get much playing time this year, does he conclude that it was because he was injured and thur fell behind the others on the team. If so, he might just decide to stay around for another year to find out how he might play completely uninjured.

Man…

Heal fast Adam, the team needs your shooting ability.