Herp Pope to make "Full recovery"

http://www.zagsblog.com/2010/05/12/seton-halls-pope-expected-to-make-full-recovery/

Nothing short of a miracle. Hes so lucky to have survived let alone have no brain damage… This kid has been blessed by the Angels and God - if such things exist.

Heres to him having a monster season and getting the big bucks in Europe or the NBA so he can support his daughter and broken family.

Good to hear.

That’s great news.

I just saw this thread. Good news indeed. Is he still hospitalized?

Yes. But he was removed from the CCU a few days ago. Should be allowed to leave in a week or two.

[quote="tundra, post:4, topic:1161"]I just saw this thread. Good news indeed. Is he still hospitalized?[/quote]

Yes. But he was removed from the CCU a few days ago. Should be allowed to leave in a week or two.

Thanks…That is a long hospital stay in this health care environment.

[quote="tundra, post:4, topic:1161"]I just saw this thread. Good news indeed. Is he still hospitalized?[/quote]

Thanks…That is a long hospital stay in this health care environment.

I’d hope he’s covered under Seton Hall’s health plan

He is covered under SHU’s plan. There is NO WAY Herb has the kind of money for what he has been through in the hospital. Part of the problem is that Pope might not be cleared to play / covered under SHU’s plan if he attempts to play basketball again. All of this will be uncovered in the coming weeks and months. SHU won’t pull his scholarship if he can never play again, however. So he will come out of this with at least a Seton Hall degree (assuming he graduates).

NO school would pull a kid’s scholarship in a situation like this, so let’s not put Seton Hall on too high a pedestal. The NCAA has contingency plans that allows schools to switch kids to non athletic scholarships when medical reasons prevent them from playing again.

Wasn’t trying to - just trying to map out some of his potential future.

goodmanonfox

Source has told FOXSports.com that Seton Hall’s Herb Pope was released from hospital on Thursday and is “steadily improving each day.”

It was actually Wednesday - but an official publication is great nonetheless.

The next step is whether Herb can play basketball again… who knows.

update from ppg

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10153/1062469-142.stm