PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Heading to the game! Question

I have decided to head to SC for the game today from sunny Hershey and will buy tickets at the door, with kids in tow, but I have a question for you. The last time we did this they sold us the best seats they had…way up high! and half the seats or more below us were empty.

What is the best way to get tickets, and if we end up in the clouds, can we move down?

Thanks

[quote=“SAS, post:1, topic:1906”]I have decided to head to SC for the game today from sunny Hershey and will buy tickets at the door, with kids in tow, but I have a question for you. The last time we did this they sold us the best seats they had…way up high! and half the seats or more below us were empty.

What is the best way to get tickets, and if we end up in the clouds, can we move down?

Thanks[/quote]Buy the cheapest tickets you can get. Find seats for you and the kids in the lower bowl and act like you know where you are going. There should be plenty of empty seats down there so i wouldn’t sweat it.

[quote="SAS, post:1, topic:1906"]I have decided to head to SC for the game today from sunny Hershey and will buy tickets at the door, with kids in tow, but I have a question for you. The last time we did this they sold us the best seats they had...........way up high! and half the seats or more below us were empty.

Thanks[/quote]Buy the cheapest tickets you can get. Find seats for you and the kids in the lower bowl and act like you know where you are going. There should be plenty of empty seats down there so i wouldn’t sweat it.

I highly doubt that for a weekend big 10 matchup.

[quote="SAS, post:1, topic:1906"]I have decided to head to SC for the game today from sunny Hershey and will buy tickets at the door, with kids in tow, but I have a question for you. The last time we did this they sold us the best seats they had...........way up high! and half the seats or more below us were empty.

I highly doubt that for a weekend big 10 matchup.

Sunday Noon game on Super Bowl Sunday? I think there should be a decent amount of open seats in the lower bowl. Just look behind both the baskets. Typically there is tons to pick from

Front row! Someone gave us tickets! Go state

[quote=“SAS, post:5, topic:1906”]Front row! Someone gave us tickets! Go state
,[/quote]There ya go. Enjoy

What do you mean that someone gave yout tickets?

Can you tell us the story?

First of all, we are die-hard PSU hoops fans. Mostly from reading this board and thankfully the excitement of watching guys like Talor and Jeff. My mother grew up in SC, had a grandfather that taught at the University for years, grandmother that still lives in the area and 2 uncles, 1 of which continues to make his living entertaining the Nittany Valley at local piano bars. Some of you “old timers” probably know who I am talking about.

We were at a game once before, years ago. Clearly not enough. Tough to find the time. On Sunday, I got 2 of the kids up early (ages 16F and 11M) and we decide to head to the game. We are next in line to buy tickets. The kids were a bit nervous about the advice we got from battlesway, however I was planning on doing it anyway. Not too often we can get away. Then a very nice man asks if we are a group of 3 and hands them to us. To our excitement, we are almost directly behind the players bench. The look on my kids faces and the memory they will have from this was priceless. To them, Talor, Tim, Jeff and the guys are superstars (ok, to me they are as well). A win would have made it even more special.

So, another thank you to the kind gentleman who handed us those tickets. You made our day, and memories of a lifetime for 2 kids that got to see Talor Battle perform another spectacular show!

That was awfully nice. Now we need to get that guy on here to explain why he didn’t use the tickets.

[quote=“SAS, post:8, topic:1906”]First of all, we are die-hard PSU hoops fans. Mostly from reading this board and thankfully the excitement of watching guys like Talor and Jeff. My mother grew up in SC, had a grandfather that taught at the University for years, grandmother that still lives in the area and 2 uncles, 1 of which continues to make his living entertaining the Nittany Valley at local piano bars. Some of you “old timers” probably know who I am talking about.
We were at a game once before, years ago. Clearly not enough. Tough to find the time. On Sunday, I got 2 of the kids up early (ages 16F and 11M) and we decide to head to the game. We are next in line to buy tickets. The kids were a bit nervous about the advice we got from battlesway, however I was planning on doing it anyway. Not too often we can get away. Then a very nice man asks if we are a group of 3 and hands them to us. To our excitement, we are almost directly behind the players bench. The look on my kids faces and the memory they will have from this was priceless. To them, Talor, Tim, Jeff and the guys are superstars (ok, to me they are as well). A win would have made it even more special.
So, another thank you to the kind gentleman who handed us those tickets. You made our day, and memories of a lifetime for 2 kids that got to see Talor Battle perform another spectacular show![/quote]
SAS, great story. the other day I decided that me and my wife would sandwich the trip from Ga. up North around some geting to State College to be at Senior Night. You sure you didn’t get the guy that gave you the tickets name? Umm, maybe you could describe him so I can pick him out when I stand in line!! :wink:

[quote=“SAS, post:8, topic:1906”]First of all, we are die-hard PSU hoops fans. Mostly from reading this board and thankfully the excitement of watching guys like Talor and Jeff. My mother grew up in SC, had a grandfather that taught at the University for years, grandmother that still lives in the area and 2 uncles, 1 of which continues to make his living entertaining the Nittany Valley at local piano bars. Some of you “old timers” probably know who I am talking about.

So, another thank you to the kind gentleman who handed us those tickets. You made our day, and memories of a lifetime for 2 kids that got to see Talor Battle perform another spectacular show![/quote]

Did the guy sit next to you during the game?

Can we see you on TV during the game?

He was 3 seats away. My brother recorded it and with some searching, yes, you could see us, but not very clearly.

I have to admit that I thought of you during the game. Some guy came down into our row with four kids in tow. He had tickets for himself and three of the kids in my row and the row behind me and wanted to squeeze the fourth kid in somewhere (the fourth kid had a ticket but nowhere near us). Unfortunately, most of the seats were filled and it took lots of shifting around to get the kid in. The guy wasn’t exactly forthcoming with all the tickets when the usher came to help out which didn’t help matters much. It wouldn’t have bothered me near as much if all this had happened before tip off but the game was going on and my, and others’, views were being blocked. Plus I knew damn well that he was going to be in and out of the aisle (I have the aisle seats) throughout the game making concession runs for the kids (and he was). The whole time I was thinking that it might be you (and was quietly cursing under my breath). Since my seats aren’t behind the team bench, I now know it wasn’t you, so I’m somewhat relieved.

There’s probably a good chance that those tickets were the ones the team reserves for the player’s friends and families but weren’t all going to be used for the game so the staff had someone had them out before the game.

BTW - this town has several “old-timers” that still sing in the bars so it’s not immediately obvious who your uncle is.

You don’t have a cousin in town named UncleSAS do you? :slight_smile:

I’ve often redeemed my vouchers and then given the tickets away to someone with kids standing in line to buy tickets. It wasn’t me this time though.

[quote="UncleLar, post:13, topic:1906"]BTW - this town has several "old-timers" that still sing in the bars so it's not immediately obvious who your uncle is.[/quote]

You don’t have a cousin in town named UncleSAS do you? :slight_smile:

This guy? ;D

[quote="SAS, post:12, topic:1906"]He was 3 seats away. My brother recorded it and with some searching, yes, you could see us, but not very clearly.[/quote]

I have to admit that I thought of you during the game. Some guy came down into our row with four kids in tow. He had tickets for himself and three of the kids in my row and the row behind me and wanted to squeeze the fourth kid in somewhere (the fourth kid had a ticket but nowhere near us). Unfortunately, most of the seats were filled and it took lots of shifting around to get the kid in. The guy wasn’t exactly forthcoming with all the tickets when the usher came to help out which didn’t help matters much. It wouldn’t have bothered me near as much if all this had happened before tip off but the game was going on and my, and others’, views were being blocked. Plus I knew damn well that he was going to be in and out of the aisle (I have the aisle seats) throughout the game making concession runs for the kids (and he was). The whole time I was thinking that it might be you (and was quietly cursing under my breath). Since my seats aren’t behind the team bench, I now know it wasn’t you, so I’m somewhat relieved.

There’s probably a good chance that those tickets were the ones the team reserves for the player’s friends and families but weren’t all going to be used for the game so the staff had someone had them out before the game.
BTW - this town has several “old-timers” that still sing in the bars so it’s not immediately obvious who your uncle is.

I may be mistaken, but I usually saw Battle’s Mom and Mike Walker’s family in the section behind the student section.

I sit behind the bench about 10 rows up ;D

Did you hear my kid yelling for Talor during the Wisconsin game? Towards the end of the game when DJ Jackson was on the front end of a 1 and 1 (and we really needed the bucket) my kid yells, “Shoot it from downtown Bubby!” (which he also yelled about 400 different times during the game). :smiley: I just about died and give a quick instruction to only yell after the ball goes in the bucket on those “easy” ones.

They tell me it gets easier when they hit 4. :wink:

How cute he’s been listening pretty well but of course I couldn’t hear anything as I was screaming so wildly myself.