PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Has anyone seen the new kids play yet?

I’m dying for some eyeball accounts of how the new guys play. Are there any students out there who may have played with some of the team on the IM courts?

I hope they’re hanging tough.

They’ve got the right stuff.

Boo.

Yes, I have seen them play

Thanks for the detailed report :stuck_out_tongue:

Yes, I have seen them play

It’s what this forum is all about!

[quote="henryrowengartner, post:5, topic:2633"]Yes, I have seen them play[/quote]

Worth every cent we pay for it!!

[quote="henryrowengartner, post:5, topic:2633"]Yes, I have seen them play[/quote]

Maybe he felt he could not honestly report what he saw to the players’ mothers in The Tavern. #longseason

Maybe he felt he could not honestly report what he saw to the players’ mothers in The Tavern. #longseason

Nice, Tim! I hope that’s not the case, or it’s going to be a tough year. :wink:

I will give the positives.

Matt Glover is my favorite. Reminds me of Babb. Good shooter, strong, and is willing to drive to the hole/get rebounds/be in the paint.

Trey Lewis- Is what you see in videos. Fast as can be, good shooter, good handle, likes to compete.

Ross Travis- Athletic as can be. He is actually a better shooter than I thought, but I wouldn’t rely on him to shoot as good as Jeff did. Probably 6’6"

Pat Ackerman- Tall. He is not as strong as you want him, yet. But I have no doubt the strength coaches will get him stronger eventually. Good at facing up and knocking down jumpers from 15-17 feet and in.

Peter Alexis- Big fella. When he gets one foot in the paint posting up, he is tough. Has a right hook that is tough to block and does it from both sides. Needs that position though.

Not a real in depth analysis, but I figured it is something

[quote=“henryrowengartner, post:11, topic:2633”]I will give the positives.

Matt Glover is my favorite. Reminds me of Babb. Good shooter, strong, and is willing to drive to the hole/get rebounds/be in the paint.

Trey Lewis- Is what you see in videos. Fast as can be, good shooter, good handle, likes to compete.

Ross Travis- Athletic as can be. He is actually a better shooter than I thought, but I wouldn’t rely on him to shoot as good as Jeff did. Probably 6’6"

Pat Ackerman- Tall. He is not as strong as you want him, yet. But I have no doubt the strength coaches will get him stronger eventually. Good at facing up and knocking down jumpers from 15-17 feet and in.

Peter Alexis- Big fella. When he gets one foot in the paint posting up, he is tough. Has a right hook that is tough to block and does it from both sides. Needs that position though.

Not a real in depth analysis, but I figured it is something[/quote]

Hey I’ll take it. It’s better then me guessing what they can do before I see them play.

Thanks, Hank…How about Graham??

And what about Sasa? As of the spring there were reports his knee was nowhere near ready.

Appreciate the report!! I’m stoked!!

I’m excited for this season to get underway as well. Can we just skip over that other Penn State sports season and get things rolling with hoops this Saturday. :slight_smile:

Nittany Lion Hoops photo shoot day. Coaching Staff looking sharp.

Nittany Lion freshman Trey Lewis showin’ some style!

Jermaine Marshall shows off the cross over.

D.J. Newbill looks good in Blue & White. Sporting #2

Nittany Lion newcomers having some fun. Trey Lewis, Ross Travis & D.J. Newbill

Thanks for the report. The most interesting bit to me was the blurb about Matt Glover. I guess my expectations for him were pretty low, so it sounds like I may be pleasantly surprised.

Can’t wait to get the season started. Can’t we get the BTN to broadcast some practice sessions? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“CAPPY, post:17, topic:2633”]Nittany Lion Hoops photo shoot day. Coaching Staff looking sharp.

http://twitpic.com/6e19qw[/quote]

Looks like we could use some size.

Surely you don’t mean Women’s Volleyball! :slight_smile: