PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Has anyone considered moving Talor back to PG?

I really think the experiment with Tim and Talor playing together is a failure and I haven’t seen anyone making this request. Tim’s D isn’t bad, but he isn’t contributing anything on offense. If Talor is the fulltime PG it opens up more time for Buie, Marshall and Bowman. All 3 of which have more scoring potential. I don’t see Tim ever being a contributer on O. Same with Cam.

I’m not saying that this is the be all end all fix of what is wrong. Just one of the very few that are available.

I think Babb’s transfer and Sasa’s ACL doomed this season before it started. Without them we have no consistent threat outside or inside other than Talor.

I’m also puzzled at why DJ doesn’t get any heat on this board. He put up 16 in the loss against Maine, but what did he do prior to Maine?

Everyone on this team seems to have a passive style. No swagger at all. No chip on their shoulder. They are a reflection of ED.

Talor is a PG and should play there. Certain players need to have the ball go through them. Mike Walker was a PG and always out of place as a SG. In today’s game the PG has to be able to score. PSU’s problem is that they probably do not have a legit SG.

[quote=“JakkL, post:1, topic:1675”]I really think the experiment with Tim and Talor playing together is a failure and I haven’t seen anyone making this request. Tim’s D isn’t bad, but he isn’t contributing anything on offense. If Talor is the fulltime PG it opens up more time for Buie, Marshall and Bowman. All 3 of which have more scoring potential. I don’t see Tim ever being a contributer on O. Same with Cam.

I’m not saying that this is the be all end all fix of what is wrong. Just one of the very few that are available.

I think Babb’s transfer and Sasa’s ACL doomed this season before it started. Without them we have no consistent threat outside or inside other than Talor.

I’m also puzzled at why DJ doesn’t get any heat on this board. He put up 16 in the loss against Maine, but what did he do prior to Maine?

Everyone on this team seems to have a passive style. No swagger at all. No chip on their shoulder. They are a reflection of ED.[/quote]I do agree losing Edwards/Babb/Sasa didn’t help but this team was doomed even with them. We go from maybe 1-2 b10 wins to maybe 3-4 . I would def start Talor at the PG and play Taran at the 2 from here on out. Bring Tim off the bench.

Interesting, yet basic proposal. At this point, I don’t see why not.

Trying to answer the question which is the title of this thread

Answer-yes, people who post here have considered that option-it has not crossed through Ed’s thought processes.

It’s been proposed in the past. I’ve said for a while I like Tim but I don’t think this is his year. I stopped bringing it up because for some reason Craftsy would always go on a rant.

Either way, I’d like to see a some changes.