PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Gus Johnson appreciation thread

anyone watching Wash/Zona??? Washington has hit three threes in a a row to tie…Gus is amazing!

slmandel: How fun is this??? I didn’t make out a word Gus said but it was LOUD.

SethDavisHoops Seth davis
C.J. Wilcox for three!!! Gus Magic works again!!! Arizona time out, tied up with 5.7 secs left.

BryanDFischer Bryan Fischer
Haven’t watched 1 min. of bball today but I’ve watched the last minute of pure Gus Johnson magic in the Pac10 final.

sportsguy33 Bill Simmons
Law of Gus!!!

for those of you who don’t know…sportsguy came up with the law of gus from the red zone channel…every game for 10 straight weeks that gus covered were incredible finishes or overtime

The only thing that could make this better is if Raftery were his color guy.

Ha! Wenzel isn’t even the poor man’s Raftery. Jersey ties though.

ONIONS!!!

they called the final four on radio together a few years ago i think…maybe gus will do radio tomorrow for the B1G?

OMG!!! I love this sport!!! what an incredible finish again!

LMAO my twitter feed just Gus’ed up!!!from another message board…God looks at what game Gus is calling and deliberately makes them close just to help us all out.

and yes gus is trending

SethDavisHoops Seth davis
ISAIAH THOMAS THE SHOT OF THE WEEK!!! Washington wins in OT. Gus just burst a blood vessel.
27 seconds ago
Bill Simmons
sportsguy33 Bill Simmons
Masturtweet!!! RT @sportsguy33: Law of Gus!!!
38 seconds ago
Andrew Siciliano
AndrewSiciliano Andrew Siciliano
Gus: "Cold Blooded!!"
33 seconds ago
George Schroeder
GeorgeSchroeder George Schroeder
Isaiah Thomas! GUS!!! Wow!!! That was great - the play, the call, all of it.
32 seconds ago
Stewart Mandel
slmandel Stewart Mandel
Are you kidding me???
42 seconds ago
George Schroeder
GeorgeSchroeder George Schroeder
GUSSSSSS!

Again stealing the idea from Bill Simmons, but why exactly hasn’t CBS made Gus the go to guy for EVERY sporting event? Every time he calls anything he begins trending on Twitter.

Gus Johnson calls Pac-10 Final

:slight_smile:

edsbs edsbs
Verne can retire when he likes, because Gus Johnson calling a game with Les Miles coaching might rend the fabric of reality as we know it.
48 minutes ago

EricStangel Eric Stangel
They should just organize the NCAA tournament around Gus Johnson’s schedule. Let him do every damn game…

darren rovell
darrenrovell darren rovell
Bet Gus could charge $500 each for personal messages RT @stevenangiefox I want Gus Johnson as my cell phone ring tone

Raise and Fire: Pay Gus Johnson more $, demote those above him on the pecking order.

Gus Johnson should be the highest paid announcer in this country. He’s not even close.

ClayTravisBGID Clay Travis
Let me reiterate my call for Gus Johnson to replace Verne Lundquist as lead CBS football announcer. Now.

[quote=“noobd, post:9, topic:2119”]Gus Johnson calls Pac-10 Final

:)[/quote]

noooooo they cut it off before he went…COLD!!! (pause)… BLOODED!!!

I love how Gus is standing for those last 10 seconds - presumably to see around the zebra but he remained up after he had a clear view. And note Gus’ killer fist pumps at the end!!!

I’d kill to see a video of HIM making such a call.

[quote=“NationBuilder, post:12, topic:2119”]I love how Gus is standing for those last 10 seconds - presumably to see around the zebra but he remained up after he had a clear view. And note Gus’ killer fist pumps at the end!!!

I’d kill to see a video of HIM making such a call.[/quote]

did you see him throw his arm down in a count it motion!?

Hi-def with COLD BLOODED!

url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEGP6nBiub8#ws Isaiah Thomas GAME WINNER PAC10 Tournament Championship Washington-Arizona[/url]

I love how Gus is standing for those last 10 seconds - presumably to see around the zebra but he remained up after he had a clear view. And note Gus' killer fist pumps at the end!!!

I’d kill to see a video of HIM making such a call.

did you see him throw his arm down in a count it motion!?

That’s why he is BOSS.

i am pretty sure thomas ends up right in front of Gus

that ha haaaa he does at the end is awesome…

They? Thats me! My phone resized it I believe. I was just trying to capture Gus going crazy on the sideline. I think its awesome.

noooooo they cut it off before he went...COLD!!!!! (pause).... BLOODED!!!!!

They? Thats me! My phone resized it I believe. I was just trying to capture Gus going crazy on the sideline. I think its awesome.

if it was from your phone it was very good…i actually like your version a tad better because it had the drama of arizona’s desperate three as well to set the stage…i just love the cold blooded part!

For those who haven’t seen it before: http://www.gusjohnsongetsbuckets.com/

My person favorite is the “Ahh ahhhhhhhhhhh” one

I DVR’d the game, so I might go back and see if my phone can capture another 10 seconds, but I think I originally had the “cold blooded” and it resized. I can’t upload the videos without it resizing first.

Yeah, I recorded it from my Droid. I have a few other videos up there from Seton Hall games from my phone that have bad audio, it took a few takes before I could find the right volume to set the TV at to hear it well. Good quality camera.