PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Goon Show Programming Alert

Plans are underway for the Goon Show to have a big Penn State Basketball focus this week. There will be a couple of guests that I would expect everyone on this board will want to hear. Details will emerge over the next 24 hours or so but I wanted to give everyone a head’s up.

The show will be broadcast from 7:00-8:30+ on Thursday night live from Damon’s.

I hear some Penn State basketball fan site owner is going to be on the show.

That’s true. I was waiting to get final confirmation on the other guests before posting the specifics.

We were hoping to have Pat Chambers on but he’s had to leave town for recruiting so one of the assistants will be filling in. We’re pretty sure it’s going to be Brian Daly but we’re just waiting for confirmation from the horse’s mouth.

After the coach talks, we get to have Tim come on and talk about the things the coach can’t say. ;D

The show lineup will be PSU hoops coach Brian Daily, former PSU hoopster Brian Allen, and PSU hoops webmaster extraordinaire Tim Beidel.

The Goon Show.

Is there any chance of a link to stream?

We’ll be streaming it from the front page of the website starting a little before 7 pm

Or you can go directly to the Listen Live page now to hear the most recent segment.

We are also available in the iTunes store - although the subscription links may not work for a couple of hours yet (we just went live in the store a few minutes ago). Past shows are available for listening there.

Thanks Lar. :slight_smile:

Tim is on now.

Any chance for a podcast. I just got home from work.

Tim is on now.

I’d stick through Coach Daly and a little bit of Sekunda. But you guys already know more than anyone else offered!

[quote="byake, post:8, topic:3175"]Tim is on now.[/quote] Any chance for a podcast. I just got home from work.

I’d stick through Coach Daly and a little bit of Sekunda. But you guys already know more than anyone else offered!

Just wanted to put a voice with the person behind the keyboard. :wink:

[quote="byake, post:8, topic:3175"]Tim is on now.[/quote] Any chance for a podcast. I just got home from work.

Just wanted to put a voice with the person behind the keyboard. :wink:

I imagine a voice kinda like a blend of James Earl Jones and Sean Connery. ;D

Tim is on now.

Available thru iTunes. Check the site now.

Subscribe now and the podcast will show up as soon as we upload it later tonight

Available thru iTunes. Check the site now.

Very nice. Will do. Thanks for that. Will download and listen on my way to work tomorrow.

So, I met my friend @ Damon’s last night as part of our annual ritual to exchange brackets, eat grub and watch hoops. I get there at 6:30 and there’s this table set up with “the Goon Show” on it and had to chuckle to myself. I remember seeing this thread, but didn’t open/read it b/c I typically stay to the recruiting threads and “breaking news” threads - especially since some threads seem to ramble. (heehee).

Just was a pleasant suprise, and was pretty funny to me at the time. There’s Brian Allen, Glen Sekunda and Coach Daly. AND they were talking about PennStateHoops.com - with some guy calling in from Maine. :wink: Was just great to hear them talking hoops.

Later in the evening I met Coach Daly, told him I thought they were doing a great job and that I’d taken my family to several games - and that my kids knew every player by name. He made a comment like “were getting there, it’ll take time to build” or something like that, and Invited my family to come to a practice. He even offered give aways for the kids, which I thought was cool - even though my kids might be a bit too old (13,11,and 7).

I have no idea if that’s typical - I was under the impression that most practices were closed - but that’s how you build a program. My kids (and I) are already fans of the guys, but for my oldest to meet her fav (Jermaine), and second oldest to meet Timmy and Ross Travis (favorites) will be really cool.