PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Good news on the Adrian Peterson commercial front

Toyo Tires is going to start advertising on BTN!

http://www.moderntiredealer.com/News/Story/2011/01/College-sports-get-boost-from-Toyo-Tire-U-S-A.aspx

[quote=“Tom, post:1, topic:1776”]Toyo Tires is going to start advertising on BTN!

http://www.moderntiredealer.com/News/Story/2011/01/College-sports-get-boost-from-Toyo-Tire-U-S-A.aspx[/quote]

If it means less Katie Savoy, then it’s not good news. I vote for less Sasquatch and more Katie. ;D

Maybe Katie and Danica Patrick could do a GoDaddy commercial.

I’m not sure what the definition of brainwashing is, but the Adrian Peterson commercial is certainly pushing up against it, if not already there.

Speaking of commercials, this is so dumb, but it does make me laugh every time I watch it. Is it just me? ;D

This guy certainly has a one track mind…

But even as obnoxious as some of them can be, they still bring in more traffic than they drive away - and I’m anecdotal proof of that. I must admit that after watching hundreds of Rotel commercials for a product that I never heard of before seeing ads for it on the BTN, I was finally worn down and decided to try it. As it turns out, it’s pretty good and I use it regularly now.

[quote="kidcoyote, post:4, topic:1776"]I'm not sure what the definition of brainwashing is, but the Adrian Peterson commercial is certainly pushing up against it, if not already there.[/quote]

But even as obnoxious as some of them can be, they still bring in more traffic than they drive away - and I’m anecdotal proof of that. I must admit that after watching hundreds of Rotel commercials for a product that I never heard of before seeing ads for it on the BTN, I was finally worn down and decided to try it. As it turns out, it’s pretty good and I use it regularly now.

Those Rotel ads are funny. I have about 6 cans out of 10 pak. Kinda hot. I mix it with rice and/or beans, and end up sweating. Don’t like it that much, but have it occasionally. I love hot sauce, but am 50/50 on Rotel. You probably remember Popiel Pocket Fisherman, by Ronco, or Ron Popiel. He sold that company for $12 million, which to me is incredible. This was in the 70’s, before he got into, “just set it and forget it,” the rotisserie grill.

[quote="kidcoyote, post:4, topic:1776"]I'm not sure what the definition of brainwashing is, but the Adrian Peterson commercial is certainly pushing up against it, if not already there.[/quote]

Those Rotel ads are funny. I have about 6 cans out of 10 pak. Kinda hot. I mix it with rice and/or beans, and end up sweating. Don’t like it that much, but have it occasionally. I love hot sauce, but am 50/50 on Rotel. You probably remember Popiel Pocket Fisherman, by Ronco, or Ron Popiel. He sold that company for $12 million, which to me is incredible. This was in the 70’s, before he got into, “just set it and forget it,” the rotisserie grill.

I use the regular Rotel to supplement cans of Campbell’s Chunky Firehouse Chili. I also use the Rotel Lime and Cilantro version to make a quick and dirty poor man’s chicken quesadilla - a small chicken breast in my George Foreman Grill for about 7-8 minutes, cut into small pieces, dropped onto a burrito sized tortilla with some shredded Mexican four cheese mix, folded in half, and back into the grill for about 4-5 minutes, cut into thirds, and served with the lime Rotel on the side. It’s simple and pretty tasty. I’m getting hungry as I type and might have to go make one. ;D

I love this board. Most days. :slight_smile:

There was a great New Yorker profile on Ron Popeil a few years back. Great at what he does.

I can’t even remember what the commercial is for. A phone? Phone service? NFL.com?

I can’t even remember what the commercial is for. A phone? Phone service? NFL.com?

I hate that commercial, but I do know its for NFL mobile.

Let’s get back to Katie Savoy. Dumb commercial, but I’d watch it a thousand times.

I think it’s Verizon, but I’m not sure if they’re selling phone service, or an add on, or what. NFL mobile I guess.

Lar, didn’t know they had different versions. And it is easy. The one I have, which I got in Costco, so it was like the 14 pack, is kind of hot. I gave some to a food drive at Christmas, ate some, have some left. The lime and cilantro sounds good. I don’t have that. I’m getting hungry too.

I love this board. Most days. :)

There was a great New Yorker profile on Ron Popeil a few years back. Great at what he does.

I’m not sure how old Ron Popeil is, but he’s been on TV more times than the Adrien Peterson commercial, not by much though, and stretched out over 40 years! I don’t know who the Adrien Peterson commercial actor is, but if he goes for other gigs, there’s not a director in this country who won’t know him…not sure it’ll work in his favor. Might get punched in the nose.

Brian Kimmet

Recently named SI.com’s Lovely Lady of the Day

More Katie

While we’ve gotten so far OT, what’s your favorite? I’ve been on a Siracha kick lately. You ever try any of the extreme hot sauces like Mad Dog 357 or Insanity Sauce? I used to have a bottle of Satan’s Blood (800,000 scoville units) but I decided to trash it as my kid is starting to like hot sauce. It was too hot for anything anyways. I’d put a few drops in in a pot of chili and it would light me on fire.

[quote="kidcoyote, post:7, topic:1776"]I love hot sauce, but am 50/50 on Rotel.[/quote]

While we’ve gotten so far OT, what’s your favorite? I’ve been on a Siracha kick lately. You ever try any of the extreme hot sauces like Mad Dog 357 or Insanity Sauce? I used to have a bottle of Satan’s Blood (800,000 scoville units) but I decided to trash it as my kid is starting to like hot sauce. It was too hot for anything anyways. I’d put a few drops in in a pot of chili and it would light me on fire.

No, but my brother gave me Christmas gift of 4 hot sauces, one peach, one blueberry, one lime. Don’t like the blueberry, others are good. We’ve kind of switched to Frank’s over Tabasco. Interesting history on Tabasco, and one sales story…the founder of Tabasco was a southerner who went back to his devastated cotton plantation after the Civil War, and in need of making money, used women’s perfume bottles to bottle his hot sauce, a brand new business. The bottle has kept its distinctive shape since…on the sales story, at a meeting at company HQ maybe 10-15 years ago, the sales manager asked if anybody had any ideas on how to increase sales to which he got a response, “make the hole bigger.” So, they did. Don’t need to bang it as much now. Some ideas are so simple.

Big hot sauce fan and I have a nice display of over 200 different hot sauces on a shelf in my kitchen. when I try a new sauce, I buy two bottles, one to use and one to display.

My standard go to sauces that I always have on hand are:

basic cayenne: Frank’s or Texas Pete’s, which I prefer over Tabasco.
basic Mexican: Cholula Original or Tapatio
basic Asian: Túóng Ót Sriracha
basic Caribbean: Matouk’s West Indian - actually, all of Motouk’s are pretty good, Flambeau, Calypso, etc.
and my own homemade brew, which is basically home grown habaneros, fresh ginger, garlic, carrots, lime juice, vinegar, salt & pepper blended until smooth.

Most of these you can find at the grocery store or your local international store, however, when I buy online, I go with peppers.com

Wow Manatree! I thought I have a problem and I only have about 8 bottles. I actually really like the Lousianna Pure cayenne. You can get about 16 gallons of it for 27 cents. :wink:

I love Cholula. I make an awesome breakfast sandwich with egg, cheese, spam, and cholula. I really haven’t gotten into any of the Carribbean hot sauces. I grilled some swordfish over the summer and used a carribbean sauce with it…I think it was some sort of Tiger sauce. I’ll have to check out the ones you like.

The only thing I like Tabasco in is soups. Have you had the Chipotle Tabasco? That’s pretty good too. I like that on pasta and potatos.

We always bring some home from the carribean. It seems like every island has their own hot sauce and each is different. My current favorite is probably from Dominica (not the D.R.). A terrific hot sauce is Chilero from Costa Rica. Not real spicy, but very nice flavor. I love it on eggs and hot dogs.