PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Golf

I was watching this live today when it happened. I will never again complain about shooting an 80 instead of a 79! :wink:

PTI: Newsroom Reaction to Phil Mickelson’s Missed Putt

We should have a PennStateHoops.com golf outing every summer.

Sounds like a great idea to me !

+1

+1

Add one more. Might get to actually meet some of you…

Looks like we have one foursome. Where is everyone from? What courses do you like to play? I’ll set something up in May or June if you are still interested. If more are interested, we could have a small outing. If a lot are interested, maybe we could have a real outing with prizes, lunch, etc. I know I’m getting ahead of myself, but I like running events like this. I’ve run several at work in the past.

Middletown Pa … nervous home of Three Mile Island … 10 minutes from Cappy :smiley:

Go 4 it mjg! I know everybody that responded so far is from the Harrisburg area, except for Speed who is from Altoona. Maybe he could bring his own foursome to the CAPital city! :slight_smile:

Sounds like a good idea!
I will be a solid “maybe” depending on time and location!
P.S. I have a PSU putter…or I think I do. Not sure if it’s still in my bag.

I’m in Pgh.

It sounds like fun, but I don’t play golf.

I will meet you guys at the 19th hole.

It sounds like fun, but I don’t play golf.

I will meet you guys at the 19th hole.

Quite often, my favorite hole on the golf course! :smiley:

[quote=“tundra, post:9, topic:3643”]Sounds like a good idea!
I will be a solid “maybe” depending on time and location!
P.S. I have a PSU putter…or I think I do. Not sure if it’s still in my bag.[/quote]
I used to have a PSU Hoops putter, but I had to dump it since it was always missing the tap-ins :o

I’m in unless the date is bad. The past few years my brothers and cousin have had golf weekends in the fall at PSU. I think I have my buddy hooked on going up for a golf weekend sometime this spring or summer. I’m also in the Harrisburg area so that is fine too. I’d suggest Felicita and Dauphin Highlands in the 'burg and the Elks or Toftrees if in SC. Can’t do the Blue due to no alcohol.

I’m a tentative yes, and in the Harrisburg area.

I want to be in Jakkl’s foursome.

I’m sure I could round up a few Altoids to make the trip.

Go Phil today! :slight_smile:

I was at my nephews birthday party yesterday and golf was on but the sound wasn’t. What’s up with the caddy races?

Go Phil today! :)

I was at my nephews birthday party yesterday and golf was on but the sound wasn’t. What’s up with the caddy races?

It’s only on the wacky par 3 16th at this weeks tournament. The crowd on that hole is different than any hole on the PGA tour all year. They actually boo players that don’t hit the tee shot on the green and/or if they make a boggie or worst. :-\

Go Phil today! :)

For years People in the stands have been making all sorts of odd ball prop bets. A few years ago, a popular one became which caddie would step on the green first. Players and the caddies eventually found out so they started playing around with the crowd, doing things like rushing to the green but not stepping on it. One year Fred Couples instructed all the caddies in the group to not step on the green - his group was booed loudly but in an appreciative way (much like any player who misses the green gets booed).

http://youtu.be/MvxSnz6yy3s