PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Go get 'em, Scrap!

Jonesy

Our old friend Heather

I really enjoyed the second piece. I think he’s going to do an excellent job if we can just somehow get through the Nebraska game without a giant emotional letdown.

Why does Jonsey think he’s done after this year? I think we need to not rush into judgements, there’s been enough of that lately.

For the same reason that Annie Troyan or Suzie McConnell-Serio were not hired after Portland.

[quote="MarkH, post:3, topic:2802"]Why does Jonsey think he's done after this year? I think we need to not rush into judgements, there's been enough of that lately.[/quote]

For the same reason that Annie Troyan or Suzie McConnell-Serio were not hired after Portland.

Can’t say about Suzie McConnell-Serio but Annie Troyan had no interest in being head coach.

I just hope that PSU will stiffen and if they want Tom Bradley they hire him. I don’t want PSU to remove anyone that was here just because they were here.

They cannot hire anyone from this current staff. TB worked under Joe and JS for years!! Not saying he knows or played any part in it but could you imagine if they named TB HC and 3 years from now stuff comes out that he knew this or he knew that. Our brand is so beyond tarnished right now they must wipe the slate clean and start over. Unfortunately TB becomes a victim of the house cleaning :’(

[quote=“Still in State College, post:5, topic:2802”]Can’t say about Suzie McConnell-Serio but Annie Troyan had no interest in being head coach.

I just hope that PSU will stiffen and if they want Tom Bradley they hire him. I don’t want PSU to remove anyone that was here just because they were here.[/quote]

My point was, i really don’t see there being any possibility of hiring anyone from the Paterno Tree. I was actually very surprised that they let CW hire Maren Walseth.

I hope they keep Scrap (and Johnson and Vanderlinden as well, although I doubt all three would want to stay without being named the head coach.)

I think it is worth the risk that they were not aware of the cover-up.
These guys are primo coach/recruiters and would be hard to replace all at once.

If public opinion is forces a football crash and burn then so be it.
Personally, I don’t think a complete purge by association is necessary.

I feel when we start reaching to Bradley and the current staff with the taint, we will be truly scapegoating. But I think that is inevitable.

His interview on ESPN was great. Seems like they’re showing bits and pieces throughout the day. Wish they’d show the whole thing.

[quote=“Speed, post:8, topic:2802”]I hope they keep Scrap (and Johnson and Vanderlinden as well, although I doubt all three would want to stay without being named the head coach.)

I think it is worth the risk that they were not aware of the cover-up.
These guys are primo coach/recruiters and would be hard to replace all at once.

If public opinion is forces a football crash and burn then so be it.
Personally, I don’t think a complete purge by association is necessary.[/quote]

I don’t see any way that anyone stays. The risk is just too great. If they want to continue coaching their only opportunity would probably be the NFL.

The analogy of a nuclear bomb going off in State College is accurate. The radiation effects from this, will spawn out and take countless EXCELLENT individuals with it. Johnson, Vandy and TB on the current staff, that many hoped would survive the end of Joe will now be gone, not to mention that the impact will prbably reach as far out as the current College coaches with PSU ties like Golden and Schiano.
From a football perspective, we need a big name savior (yes like Urban Meyer) to ride in, in shinning armour.

How about this guy?

:stuck_out_tongue:

So does Scrap come out in a shirt, tie and khakis today?

How about “whale pants.”

[quote=“Duff, post:12, topic:2802”]The analogy of a nuclear bomb going off in State College is accurate. The radiation effects from this, will spawn out and take countless EXCELLENT individuals with it. Johnson, Vandy and TB on the current staff, that many hoped would survive the end of Joe will now be gone, not to mention that the impact will prbably reach as far out as the current College coaches with PSU ties like Golden and Schiano.
From a football perspective, we need a big name savior (yes like Urban Meyer) to ride in, in shinning armour.[/quote]

Here is what I think. Will the administration allow football or any other sports to run the school ever again. Although they need a big name coach to fill the stadium and pay for the other sports, do they want to fill the stadium.

Pretty good game.

Even though we lost, I feel so much better. Now I’m ready for the hoops game to get started.

Pretty good game.

Even though we lost, I feel so much better. Now I’m ready for the hoops game to get started.

I do to. I have no idea why, but I feel better.

Video of the team arriving today is pretty cool, gave me goosebumps. :slight_smile:

Team Entrance