Getting to know your enemy-Penn Quakers

[center][/center]

Quick Hits-
-Penn’s first losing league record since 1990-91 was last year.
-Four starters back Tyler Bernardini highlights the returnees and the 6-6 guard, who was the 2007-08 Ivy League Rookie of the Year, paced Penn in scoring with 13.7 ppg last season.
-Jack Eggleston heads the frontcourt after the 6-8 forward produced 9.6 ppg and 5.9 rpg a season ago
-The Quakers have some solid depth in the frontcourt, including 6-9 Andreas Schreiber, who is back following shoulder surgery.

Yeah…trying to forget about that-10-18, 6-8 in conf last season.

I’m incharge,lucky me-Glen Miller, who started his career alongside Hall of Fame coach Jim Calhoun at Connecticut, where he served seven years as an assistant. He also spent six seasons as head coach of Division III Connecticut College, reaching the D-III Final Four in 1999. The team was undefeated until they lost national semifinal. He also ends practice with a trombone solo…you’ll either get that or you wont…

What do I have to look forward to coach?-Nova,Duke,Davidson,Temple,Saint Joes are on the Quakers slate this year.

How not bad might we be?-Projected 3rd in the Ivy League behind Cornell and Princeton

Who wants to take the blame today?-By vote of their teammates, the Quakers will be led this year by sophomore Zack Rosen(2008-09 Philadelphia Big 5 Rookie of the Year,Between his freshman and sophomore years at Penn, played on the gold medal-winning United States Men’s Open Basketball Team at the 18th Maccabiah Games in Israel) and senior Darren Smith,(Helped South Plainfield to Middlesex County championships in 2003-04 (27-1 record) and as a captain in 2004-05 (17-6) … McDonald’s All-American nominee…didn’t play last season due to a kneecap injury)

Put me in coach!-Tyler Bernardini is the Quakers leading scorer with 13.72 ppg, Jack Eggleston averages 9 ppg. The closest thing to a nice match up for the Quakers would be Eggleston and Andreas Schreiber who are 6’8 and 6’9 respectivly. Schreiber however only averaged 2 points a game so that isn’t looking too promising.

Least worst stat-They were ranked 78th in the nation in assists, but then all their other stats where in the 200s…it’s nice to pass the ball, but scoring helps. Complete stats here-https://www.nmnathletics.com//pdf4/386643.pdf?ATCLID=1627848&SPSID=8628&SPID=539&DB_OEM_ID=1700

Homevideos!? Sweet!-
[center]Feb. 17 - Pennsylvania v. Princeton - 1 of 2 - Last 6 Minutes[/center]

Final verdict- Baring something really wierd this should be a good way to start off the season. Best of luck to the Oats Quakers for the rest of their season.

I think this is a good first game of the season as well. You almost have to expect Penn to be better, but I certainly dont expect too much from them either. PSU needs to start this season by jumping on Penn and Rbt Morris and make sure they play both games in a focused manner. They need to tune up for for Charleston Classic rather quickly and I think these are actually two pretty good games for them.

I’m hoping you post one of these for every game; it was an entertaining read.

Are you helping with 40M’s revival this year?

Hmm, are you sure you want to move the games to an estate in England? I’d imagine that that would drastically hurt student attendance…

[quote=“NationBuilder, post:3, topic:206”]I’m hoping you post one of these for every game; it was an entertaining read.

Are you helping with 40M’s revival this year?[/quote]

Yeah I am, we’ve got funds for it now so it’s just a matter of cranking them out

[quote="mhenry41, post:2, topic:206"]make sure they play both games in a focused [b]manor[/b].[/quote] Hmm, are you sure you want to move the games to an estate in England? I'd imagine that that would drastically hurt student attendance...

ha, dually noted and corrected. Did you give me bad karma for that?

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports/20091112_Penn_basketball_at_a_glance.html

Preview from Philly.com