General College Hoops

VMI hit 19 3’s tonight and gave Kentucky a game.
Final, Kentucky 92 VMI 82

Fun game between Duke and Gonzaga. Tied at 87 with 1:30 left.

Gonzaga wins, 89-87

Duke’s only lead the entire game was 2-0. Between the first and last 5 min, it was mostly a double-digit game. Quite the comeback attempt.

Duke has to have the most basic offensive concept in all of the NCAA. It’s essentially just a very simple P&R (or Pop) offense with iso for RJ, Zion and Tre built into it. The thing about it is that it is shockingly effective. Zion and RJ are virtually unguardable for NCAA players, and they are going to be very tough to beat because they will just crush every mistake. They are one of the best transition teams I’ve ever seen at the college level. When they are running off a miss or turnover, the other team may as well just put someone under the basket to inbound the ball when it goes through the hoop. It’s quite simply astounding how good these players for Duke are.

Currently watching live college hoops, Albany vs LIU-Brooklyn from Northern Ireland! Who’d have thunk it?
:slightly_smiling_face:

Another doubleheader of college hoops will be live on the cbs sports channel starting at noon tomorrow.
It’s the consolation and championship games of the Basketball Hall of Fame Belfast Classic.

Buffalo/Milwaukee on right now in Belfast! Love me some early AM hoops!

Which reminds me, is ESPN doing that 24 hour hoops marathon this year?

No. They actually did not have it last year either.

This could be a fun game to watch at the Palestra on espn2 tonight. Both teams are 8-2.

Penn up 57-51 with 8 minutes left

Great game!

now official

Could always find room for a 5-star PG on the PSU roster I think…

In theory a scholly could open up here for this year. I dont know what you’d do for next year tho. Him and Ra in the backcourt would be incredible.

But do you really think he would consider transferring to PSU?

For those who didn’t click into the tweet, that tweet is part 1 of about 10 tweets telling the story.

…better than Stony Brook?