Gary Parrish weighs in on best PGs in Nation

He has Battle as 10th, you can read the story here:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/story/12388766

He also has a true freshman #1 and 3 guys who he says will play more off-guard than PG.

[quote=“Gary Parrish article”]…
Battle averaged 16.7 points and 5.0 assists last season to help the Nittany Lions win 27 games. Did you even know Penn State won 27 games?
…[/quote]

Anyone else notice that all of the pundits that write these articles, even if they are complimentary of Talor, they still have to take a jab at PSU. That really grinds my gears.

It will be nice when the program has reached the consistently successful stage where such comments are unnecessary.

[quote="Gary Parrish article"]... Battle averaged 16.7 points and 5.0 assists last season to help the Nittany Lions win 27 games. [b]Did you even know Penn State won 27 games?[/b] ...[/quote]

Anyone else notice that all of the pundits that write these articles, even if they are complimentary of Talor, they still have to take a jab at PSU. That really grinds my gears.

It will be nice when the program has reached the consistently successful stage where such comments are unnecessary.

I don’t mind it. I think it just reinforces the fact that we did indeed win 27 games last year. The more they talk about it, the more people will notice it.

I don’t mind the “jab” here at all. The writer is just saying how a successful 27 win season went under the radar.

Good, bad, indifferent or sarcastic publicity is still publicity. I’ll take it.

Though this list begs the question, if Kalin Lucas was on PSU and Talor Battle on MSU, would their ranking be switched. I recall Talor outplaying Kalin in the game at the Breslin Center last season.

Kalin deserves all the accolades of course, but it’s worth a thought.

IMO, these guys don’t do their homework. How many times can he have possibly seen Wall play? How many of these writers have the Big 10 network?

Some comments on these picks.

Lucas - he’s super quick, great player, but if Battle continues to outplay him head to head, why is he better? And this year, he has no Walton to give him rest on defense. Either he or a 5’11" frosh will get the nod. Expect Talor to light up MSU…and Kalin Lucas, unless Izzo gives the defensive assignment to a freshman to save Kalin’s legs.

Reynolds - big program, fun player, but check the stats vs. Battle, rebounding, assist/TO ratio, 3 pt. shooting. NFW. This writer should watch other than espn games.

Walker - saw Kemba play for Rice HS, alma mater of many great players. Maybe the fastest player I’ve ever seen. Made Mt. Vernon look slow, and they had 3 Major DI players. He can’t shoot a lick, nada, nothing. When UConn’s guard went down(Dyson?) he got to start. His shooting was pitiful. When you’re the fastest kid in NYC, why learn to shoot? I don’t think he has a jump shot. I certainly haven’t seen it in the two games I saw him play in HS, nor the 4-5 college games I saw him play. He’s picking him cause it’s UConn, nothing else. In college, different story, and until he can shoot, doesn’t belong on this list.

Vasquez - great size. IMO, he may be #1. Absolutely pro body and game.

Wall - ridiculous that he’s #1. I don’t care how good he is, or is expected to be. What’d this writer see, a couple of highlight films. Yes, he’s the #1 pick in the country, so he deserves recognition, but #1 without ever playing a game in college? How about #3-5?

Parrish obviously has a huge man-crush on Wall. My guess is he’s hoping Uk goes far and then in March he can say “told you so”. Battle suffers from PSU’s lack of credibility. I’d take him on the court head to head against any of these guys. Not saying he’d better the competition, but he sure would hold his own.

Not so fast on Wall…

per ESPN

SEC Commissioner Mike Slive confirmed that there are eligibility issues regarding Kentucky top recruit John Wall.

[quote=“tundra, post:9, topic:124”]Not so fast on Wall…

per ESPN

SEC Commissioner Mike Slive confirmed that there are eligibility issues regarding Kentucky top recruit John Wall.[/quote]

Kentucky? Calipari? Eligibility issues? Who’d a thunk it? Maybe other SEC coaches(like Billy D) asked the commish to take a look? That didn’t take long. Gary Parrish should’ve waited for his list. I guess Battle moves up a notch. :wink: