PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Game One Non-Con

Other the a win, What are you looking forward to see?

I know other were talking about Taran playing off the ball D. I am interested to see what the rotations might be because I don’t think we really know yet. Maybe see if Battle might get more rest this season or he still going to be playing 39 min a night.

Another 4blk game from Brooks would be sweet, especially against a team with some legit height.

Knutsen has me the most concerned. 9.5ppg as a frosh, 6’9", lefty. Covering McCollum will be tough enough, but if Knutsen has his way inside, could be rough. The last time the team played Lehigh, Claxton had 29 points, went to the line a ton, making 8 FTM’s, lots of rebounds, and Lehigh had their big guy back then, who left last season. PSU has a big front line. They need to use it on offense. Don’t want to see a shooting contest, would rather take it to them. After Knutsen, they have a 6’10" frosh. The 7’0" player doesn’t play. I know our front line is somewhat depleted, but not counting the frosh, after Knutsen, AJ, Brooks, Oliver and our frosh, Graham are taller than anybody on their team of those who play. Take it to Knutsen and get him in foul trouble. Lehigh is picked 5th for the Patriot League, though CJ is pre-season POTY. If PSU struggles with the #5 Patriot League team, it will be a long season. Lewis Preston mentioned Mackey McKnight, new pg, who also looks good. If it becomes Buie and Battle in, I think Talor gets Mackey, Buie gets CJ. With Tim in with Talor, that switches.
I might not be able to watch the game. Anybody know if it can be watched again on btn.com, or recorded? I don’t think it can.

I want to see both Taran and Billy in game. Really excited to see what they bring to the mix. I’m also curious about Battle and how he is going to approach the game. From the sounds of practice and summer workouts, I think he realizes he cannot do it all and needs to lean on his teammates and really be the coach on the court. So I am also anxious to see how this relates to the game.

Not sure if I’ll get to see this game (I really don’t even know if it is on TV? - I’m in Denver, CO at the moment) but I’ll trust a full report from a number of the old faithful posters.

[quote=“Mrm170, post:4, topic:1485”]I want to see both Taran and Billy in game. Really excited to see what they bring to the mix. I’m also curious about Battle and how he is going to approach the game. From the sounds of practice and summer workouts, I think he realizes he cannot do it all and needs to lean on his teammates and really be the coach on the court. So I am also anxious to see how this relates to the game.

Not sure if I’ll get to see this game (I really don’t even know if it is on TV? - I’m in Denver, CO at the moment) but I’ll trust a full report from a number of the old faithful posters. [/quote]

Still scheduled for a tape delayed airing on Sunday night at 10:00 ET on the BTN. Though stay tuned since the ESU game was scheduled to be on and then dropped.

Thanks NittanyIllini. I’ll be in Minneapolis on Sunday so should have plenty of options to see the game (assuming the game is actually shown as you mention).

I assume the game will be on XM Radio, no?