PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Game Attendance

In regards to our previous games at home the attendance has been pretty poor. Do you think tonights game vs Iowa will have a good show now that the teams on a roll? or will it be a bust again? I sure hope the bjc can get back to its older rockin days but im not sure if that can even happen with a successful team. your thoughts?

Sure hope the students come out in force tonight because I think the weather is gonna keep many the out of towners at home.

I agree cappy. The snow isnt really laying so the out of towners should still come… its hard for students to want to after that maryland incident. I wonder if Ngame knows anything.?

I’d expect a solid turnout. Maybe not as big as we’ve seen but not bad. There isn’t a buzz around the game but I think people are paying attention to the team

Midweek game plus bad weather forecast…

Big Student Turnout = Large Crowd

otherwise sparse and quiet

Just the way it is…

I just hate seeing these games on tv which have good crowds at odd times. The weather is really not that bad either.

The weather may not be that bad in SC, but may be somewhat treacherous for those that have to cross mountains on the drive home. Hopefully, the weather is good enough that at least a good number of locals can make it.

i was trying to get tickets for the lower bowl on ticket master and there were none available

Well, the weather is causing six of us to forgo our 1.5 hr. trek to the BJC tonight. Too many harrowing experiences coming home in the past. I’m sure now that we aren’t traveling that road conditions will be fine.

I’m sending 8 tickets in 106 and 107 with six guys from our area who haven’t chickened out. So, they will have two to spare if your are interested.

The snow is starting to finally pick up a bit right now in SC, but still not really sticking to the roads yet.

I would expect a very small crowd this evening.

I think we will be pleasantly surprised ???

Snow just started to fall in Wilkes-Barre. Will be watching from home but cheering just as loud.

Still no reason for students not to come

This has been discussed on this board in the past - I believe that a short time before the game (as in the day of the game or so), the tick selection on ticketmaster is different than what it really is. Wait until closer to tip off and ticketmaster won’t show any available seats. That’s what makes ticketmaster a bit flawed to try to gauge attendance by. I forget the exact details, but it’s something like that.

[quote="ryman2012, post:1, topic:1843"]In regards to our previous games at home the attendance has been pretty poor. Do you think tonights game vs Iowa will have a good show now that the teams on a roll? or will it be a bust again? I sure hope the bjc can get back to its older rockin days but im not sure if that can even happen with a successful team. your thoughts?[/quote]

Sure hope the students come out in force tonight because I think the weather is gonna keep many the out of towners at home.

Just got to Bellefonte, from the DC suburbs. I left at 12:45 PM, so it was a pretty quick trip even with the snow.

[quote="ryman2012, post:1, topic:1843"]In regards to our previous games at home the attendance has been pretty poor. Do you think tonights game vs Iowa will have a good show now that the teams on a roll? or will it be a bust again? I sure hope the bjc can get back to its older rockin days but im not sure if that can even happen with a successful team. your thoughts?[/quote]

Just got to Bellefonte, from the DC suburbs. I left at 12:45 PM, so it was a pretty quick trip even with the snow.

Getting there today wasn’t the problem, getting home is gonna be the problem.

http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/businesstraveler/map/17112?mapregion=us_ec_9regradar_plus_usen&showanimation=yes&bypassredirect=true

It’s a safe bet that the weather will limit attendance to local die bards and students. However, I feel pretty confident that win tonight would lead to a significant showing for Saturday’s Wisconsin tilt.

Local “die bards”, eh? Is that a group of people who hate William Shakespeare? :wink:

[quote="mhenry41, post:18, topic:1843"]It's a safe bet that the weather will limit attendance to [b]local die bards[/b] and students. However, I feel pretty confident that win tonight would lead to a significant showing for Saturday's Wisconsin tilt.[/quote]

Local “die bards”, eh? Is that a group of people who hate William Shakespeare? :wink:

Actually, it might be a local group that feels glutten free beer should be outlawed and die.

Bard's Beer Tastes Great and is Gluten Free | Gluten Free Works
:wink: