PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Funny story

So a funny thing happened to me today, and I just had to share it with you guys. I’m on my way home from work today when I get a call from a customer that I’m supposed to meet with tomorrow. I was going out to his house to give him an estimate for some work he wanted done, and I really didn’t want to go because of the game (I’m so freakin’ anxious as it is that I can’t sleep a wink right now). Anyways, he calls me up and cancels on me, and he starts apologizing profusely. He said he couldn’t meet up because his wife was heading out of town for an impromptu conference of some sort, and so he had to take the kids to school, run errands that she would usually do, and so on and so forth. What he didn’t realize is that I had spoken to his wife about 5 minutes before that when I called to confirm the appointment. She had already told me that he would be the one to meet with me because she was taking the kids to school and running some errands. So I said to the guy, “Oh, well, when I called your house a few minutes ago and spoke to your wife, she said that we were good to go.” Cue the awkward silence, lol. After about 10 seconds of that, the guy speaks up and says, “Ok, I’m sorry, but the thing is that Penn State is playing in the NCAA tournament tomorrow, and its been a really long time since that happened, and I just…I gotta, you know…I’m sorry, it’s a terrible excuse.” I laughed SO HARD, and he was all surprised. As it turns out, he doesn’t have anyone to watch the game with. His friends will all be at work. So now he’s joining me and two other guys at a nearby pub for the game, and we rescheduled the appointment for Friday. Funny how things work out sometimes, eh? ;D

I seriously cannot wait for this game!!!

Great story!

Agreed, that’s pretty funny, thanks for posting! ;D

haha this post is full of win

Nice… ;D

I am seeing the same thing.

A LOT of my friends, who would otherwise would care at all, are gearing up for this Penn State game.

Some leaving work early, others are planning to run out somewhere and watch it, everyone seems to be getting caught up in this team.

Imagine if they make another Sweet 16 run at this point…

Needless to say, my customer was about as depressed as I was when Fernandez nailed that shot. But it was one hell of a game, and he thanked me for inviting him, so it’s all good. It was an afternoon to remember, that’s for sure. :slight_smile:

Of course, it helped that the place was packed with some extremely attractive women sporting some pretty outstanding outfits, lol. Gotta love St. Patty’s day. :wink:

[quote=“Spades88, post:7, topic:2190”]Needless to say, my customer was about as depressed as I was when Fernandez nailed that shot. But it was one hell of a game, and he thanked me for inviting him, so it’s all good. It was an afternoon to remember, that’s for sure. :slight_smile:

Of course, it helped that the place was packed with some extremely attractive women sporting some pretty outstanding outfits, lol. Gotta love St. Patty’s day. ;)[/quote]
Are you sure it wasn’t guys in kilts? ;D

Haha great stuff.

[quote="Spades88, post:7, topic:2190"]Needless to say, my customer was about as depressed as I was when Fernandez nailed that shot. But it was one hell of a game, and he thanked me for inviting him, so it's all good. It was an afternoon to remember, that's for sure. :)

Of course, it helped that the place was packed with some extremely attractive women sporting some pretty outstanding outfits, lol. Gotta love St. Patty’s day. ;)[/quote]
Are you sure it wasn’t guys in kilts? ;D

If they were, they sure had the nicest legs of any guys I’ve ever seen, lol. :stuck_out_tongue:

Girls in kilts…sounds like the chain The Tilted Kilt (the Scottish “version” of Hooters)