PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Freshman #'s

Anybody know what #'s the freshmen are sporting or hasn’t that been determined yet?

Link gopsusports.

BTW, I saw Graham at a football game and I think they were pretty generous listing him at 6’8. He was long but looked a little short (he standing next to Woodyard).

Bowman looked solid and a legit 6’4-6’5. Dude was ripped.

Is Oliver’s class standing correct? I would have sworn he was RS-Soph.

It is correct if they assume that he’ll get a 6th year when they petition the NCAA in 3 years.

Normal RS his 1st year, medical RS his 2nd year…

2009-10 SEASON • MEDICAL RED-SHIRT

Does anyone know if Kirkpatrick is on scholarship this season…i know he’s been in the program for 4 years and we have an open scholarship so it’d be nice if he was rewarded w/ a scholly for his senior season. Also, any word of any other walk-ons? I know we had several (like 4 or 5) last year but I don’t remember most of them ever playing. Maybe they were more like practice bodies? I wonder if they’ll be back.

[quote="Still in State College, post:3, topic:1380"]Is Oliver's class standing correct? I would have sworn he was RS-Soph.[/quote]

Normal RS his 1st year, medical RS his 2nd year…

2009-10 SEASON • MEDICAL RED-SHIRT

That wouldn’t be allowed. They’ll need to prove to the NCAA that he lost both seasons due to injury.

[quote=“LPcreation, post:2, topic:1380”]Link gopsusports.

BTW, I saw Graham at a football game and I think they were pretty generous listing him at 6’8. He was long but looked a little short (he standing next to Woodyard).

Bowman looked solid and a legit 6’4-6’5. Dude was ripped.[/quote]

If you say so, Yogi. :wink:

Oliver should be listed as a Redshirt soph. The 6th year petition should NOT be assumed.

[quote="LPcreation, post:2, topic:1380"][url=http://www.gopsusports.com/sports/m-baskbl/mtt/psu-m-baskbl-mtt.html]Link gopsusports.[/url]

Bowman looked solid and a legit 6’4-6’5. Dude was ripped.[/quote]

If you say so, Yogi. :wink:

isn’t this a classic stats vs eyeballs issue?

:smiley:

[quote="Still in State College, post:3, topic:1380"]Is Oliver's class standing correct? I would have sworn he was RS-Soph.[/quote]

Oliver should be listed as a Redshirt soph. The 6th year petition should NOT be assumed.

That is what i thought as well. Nothing against Billy Oliver but at this point in his career there is no reason for PSU to want to extend him to a 6th year.

Why don’t we wait until we’ve seen him play at least once before deciding if he can help us 3 years from now.

He is. gopsusports.com’s roster is technically incorrect. Last season only goes as a medical redshirt after he’s exhausted his five years and is granted a sixth year, should he pursue it. Till then, he’s a R-So