For all you night owls

Wisconsin/Arizona on ESPN2 right now.

Badgers up by 6 early in the 2nd half.

I’m looking forward to see how Wisconsin looks this year after losing a few of the faces we’ve gotten used to seeing. Bo Ryan will do a good job I’m sure.

He always does. He gets the guys that play his system and play it well.

Hughes, Bohannon, Leuer, Nankivil are still there. So they still have a good core of guys from last year.

Though it could be five totally different guys from last year and still look exactly the same.

[quote="NGameday, post:2, topic:338"]I'm looking forward to see how Wisconsin looks this year after losing a few of the faces we've gotten used to seeing. Bo Ryan will do a good job I'm sure.[/quote]

He always does. He gets the guys that play his system and play it well.

Hughes, Bohannon, Leuer, Nankivil are still there. So they still have a good core of guys from last year.

Though it could be five totally different guys from last year and still look exactly the same.

So so true, but thats Wisky bball, and for the most part it has worked really well. I wouldn’t say I’m a fan of theirs in the sporting sense, but I have a lot of respect of the product they put out year after year.

Speaking of which, where did the Illinois come from in you? Always wondered how those two paths crossed…or maybe Penn State was second?

Rookie :wink:

Just kidding, but, it’s times like these where it would be nice to have the archives of the pre-crash board.

Trevon Hughes scored 24 points, Ryan plays 10 players, (who all get 9 or more minutes) and Wisky wins 65-61.

My wife is an Illini alumnus. To say she’s fanatical about her Illini hoops team is an understatement. She was incredibly distraught in 2005 when her Illini were down to Zona by 15 with under 4:00 to play in the regional finals, that I had to force her to stick around to watch the end of the game. One incredible comeback later and we had our neighbors wondering what wonderful things I was doing to my wife :slight_smile: :smiley: ;D

In time, I’ve become a big fan of Illini hoops as well. What’s not to like about Dee Brown and that incredible run his team had. They were a true college basketball team in every sense of the word in 2005, only to be beaten by a bunch of hired guns passing through “college” on the way to the pros.
But nothing, not even a loss to UNC in the title game, will take away from that amazing team.

You will learn, as all of you youngins’ will, that if you’re really into sports, it pays to marry a gal that’s really into sports. She will never argue with you if you want to turn Desperate Housewives off for the Sunday Night Football game. In fact, she was usually the one who wanted to go the sports bar to watch her game, before the time of the Big Ten Network. That, my friends, is a good thing.

We used to have an agreement that it was OK for PSU to beat Illinois in football, as long as Illinois beat PSU in basketball. It made watching games together a little more bearable. That all changed on February 4th, 2006 when PSU marched into Champaign and shocked #6 Illinois 66-65. Now all bets are off. :slight_smile:

[quote="NGameday, post:5, topic:338"]Speaking of which, where did the Illinois come from in you?[/quote]

Just kidding, but, it’s times like these where it would be nice to have the archives of the pre-crash board.

;D

I fell asleep and didn’t catch the end of the game. But from what I did see, it looked like Zona was trying to out-athletic the Badgers. Pushing the tempo and taking quick, ill-advised shots, whereas the Badgers were doing what they do best. Tortoise beats the hare. Will PSU try to do the same against Wisky?

[quote="NGameday, post:5, topic:338"]Speaking of which, where did the Illinois come from in you? Always wondered how those two paths crossed...or maybe Penn State was second?[/quote]

My wife is an Illini alumnus. To say she’s fanatical about her Illini hoops team is an understatement. She was incredibly distraught in 2005 when her Illini were down to Zona by 15 with under 4:00 to play in the regional finals, that I had to force her to stick around to watch the end of the game. One incredible comeback later and we had our neighbors wondering what wonderful things I was doing to my wife :slight_smile: :smiley: ;D

In time, I’ve become a big fan of Illini hoops as well. What’s not to like about Dee Brown and that incredible run his team had. They were a true college basketball team in every sense of the word in 2005, only to be beaten by a bunch of hired guns passing through “college” on the way to the pros.
But nothing, not even a loss to UNC in the title game, will take away from that amazing team.

You will learn, as all of you youngins’ will, that if you’re really into sports, it pays to marry a gal that’s really into sports. She will never argue with you if you want to turn Desperate Housewives off for the Sunday Night Football game. In fact, she was usually the one who wanted to go the sports bar to watch her game, before the time of the Big Ten Network. That, my friends, is a good thing.
We used to have an agreement that it was OK for PSU to beat Illinois in football, as long as Illinois beat PSU in basketball. It made watching games together a little more bearable. That all changed on February 4th, 2006 when PSU marched into Champaign and shocked #6 Illinois 66-65. Now all bets are off. :slight_smile:

You give me hope…lol

[quote="NGameday, post:5, topic:338"]Speaking of which, where did the Illinois come from in you?[/quote]

Lol…burrrnn…I guess it’s questions like these that have helped my 5 point fall in Karma in two days.lol :wink:

Lol…burrrnn…I guess it’s questions like these that have helped my 5 point fall in Karma in two days.lol :wink:

I’ve had a 7 point karma drop in the last week or two ;D

I’m convinced that some people log on here every day just so they can hand out negative karma votes to many who post here regularly! :slight_smile:

I’m convinced that some people log on here every day just so they can hand out negative karma votes to many who post here regularly! :slight_smile:

haha, I’d believe it. I was just like woah…wonder what I said.lol…its not a big deal tho.

I’m still shocked so many people pay attention to their karma.

Its not so much that I pay attention to it or track it, I just happened to notice…if thats any different…lol

Yeah…I don’t track it, but I noticed mine took a nose dive when I spoke the truth about Philly fans. In fact, speaking the truth about any situation when it is controversial or goes against the belief of the board is KARMA SUICIDE :o

Outside of Tim, who deserves a karma point from all of us every day for creating this board and maybe CAPPY, who is just an all-around good dude, I consider a healthy karma number to be around single digits per month when things are going well for the program. If it’s too high, you’re Mr. Positive Vibe dude ( ;)) and everything is always bright and sunny with the PSU program and you never pi$$ anyone off. Whereas if you approach Rokk or Agent Smith numbers then you’re just a dude who likes to argue everything, including which direction the sun will rise in the morning, and get your rocks off by pi$$ing others off.

In the middle, you’re a realist. Happy when things are going well (+1), realistic or maybe a tinge pessimistic when things are not so good (-1).

It’s something to have fun with. Just don’t boo the people who boo’d Santa Claus ;D

[quote="NGameday, post:12, topic:338"]Lol..burrrnn...I guess it's questions like these that have helped my 5 point fall in Karma in two days.lol ;)[/quote] I've had a 7 point karma drop in the last week or two ;D

haha, I’d believe it. I was just like woah…wonder what I said.lol…its not a big deal tho.

I’m yet to implement my attempt to cause “PennStateHoops Karma” inflation, but I’ll be jumping on it soon.

…if this really is some type of social experiment TJB is running, it’s taking some interesting turns ;D

He was boo’d because he was a scrawny, drunk and belligerent Santa Claus.