PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Five Seniors Appreciation Thread

I know they were not in the same recruiting class but it is very uncommon to see 4 players play so many games together!
Thank you!!
How do these guys fit in the All Time PSU stats? Games played and games started?

[I]changed thread title to reflect the number of seniors. -tjb[/I]

Jeff Brooks and Talor Battle - not a bad class. Neither was Andrew Jones and David Jackson. Gotta go back to Gyasi and Joe and Pete and Calvin to do any better than that.

Can I give a shoutout to Steve Kirkpatrick too? I was kinda annoyed at him at first, because he lived above me freshman year, and he would always bounce his basketball in his room.

However, I believe he has landed a job after graduation at a well-known financial firm.

Just got back from the pub. Very depressed, but I’ll save that for later.

I am extremely proud of this team, most especially the seniors. These last few weeks have been absolutely amazing. They put it all on the line and never quit. Each and every one of them is a class act, and they deserve nothing but respect for how well they represented this program both on and off the court.

Always will have a soft spot for these guys, and I hope they realize just how much they mean to the fans…

In career games played, it’s:

1. DJ
    T-2. Talor and Drew Jones
  2. Jeff
  3. Titus Ivory

In career starts:

1. Talor
  2. Drew Jones
  3. DeRon Hayes

Both Jones and Battle played in 134 games in their PSU careers - meaning they didn’t miss a single game in the 4 seasons they were eligible. Disregarding DJ’s redshirt season, Jackson only missed 1 game, and Brooks only missed 2. Every single game, these guys were there.

Additionally,
Andrew Jones
-12th in PSU history in career rebounds
-2nd in career FG percentage

Jeff Brooks
-7th in career blocks
-9th in single-season blocks
-Since joining the Big10, one of only 7 PSU players score double-figures and shoot over 50% from the field.

-Both DJ and Jeff are in the 20-25 range in career rebounds
-DJ finishes just outside the top-10 in season and career FT percentage

Oh yeah, and Talor: only PSU player to be named 1st-team All-Big Ten in multiple years, 1st in career points, 3rd in career assists, 14th in career rebounds, 7th in career steals, 2nd in career 3pt FG’s, 3rd in career FT’s, 1st in career FG attempts, 2nd in 30-point games, 2nd 6th & 7th in single-season scoring, 2nd in single-season 3pt FG’s, 1st in single-season FG attempts, 1st in single-season assists…too tired to keep going, but yeah, all these guys will have their names throughout the Penn State record books.

[quote=“PSUClassof2011, post:3, topic:2201”]Can I give a shoutout to Steve Kirkpatrick too? I was kinda annoyed at him at first, because he lived above me freshman year, and he would always bounce his basketball in his room.

However, I believe he has landed a job after graduation at a well-known financial firm.[/quote]

Thank you for remembering Steve as one of the FIVE SENIORS!

[I]changed thread title to reflect the number of seniors. -tjb[/I]

:slight_smile:

Steve did land a great job. He played some big minutes this season, even if it wasn’t a lot.

Actually, in the Minnesota game at home, he had a big basket and assist when we really needed them. That was anything but ‘mop-up time’.

Thanks to Talor, Jeff, DJ, Andrew, and Steve for being such fine representatives of our school.

We’re all proud of you guys!

Thanks, all five of you lads. You worked hard. You hung two banners, an NIT Title and an NCAA berth. You’re all going to walk out of here with a PSU diploma and the respect of us fans. You’ve done yourselves, your coaches and your school proud. You’re all winners. Your BTT run was unprecented in school history. I’ll always remember this team as one of the best.

You guys played great and there is no reason to hang your heads. You played your tails off and got the program moving in the right direction.

Wish next years class could have played with you guys so that they would know what it takes to succeed.

Hats off to the rest of the team too. You guys really filled in great all year.

Seniors leave lasting legacy

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2011/03/21/mens_basketball_seniors.aspx

I meant to post on this thread, I was just emotional on the loss. Our 5 seniors have represented the program well. They worked hard and went through many ups and downs. I’m proud of them and happy that they were able to make it to the NCAA Tournament. I’m sure they have had a great experience at Penn State and should all be graduating. Good luck to the seniors with their lives after Penn State.

Talor Battle represents Penn State spirit

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2011/03/22/Mens_BB_column_Battle.aspx