First Nittany Nation Meeting

Meeting ended about a half hour ago, about 35 people were there. You can feel the excitment, and we’re 5 weeks from tip…

Is 35 people more than you used to get for meetings last year?

Good question. I’d say on average we’d have between 20-25 people. But when we had the early meetings like the one tonight it was maybe 15 people. So with more people at an early meeting I’d guess that we’d ad maybe 15 more people once the season gets closer. We’re talking a major increase.

I wanted to make it, but Mondays are way too hectic for me anymore. I wake up at 6 am, leave for Penn’s Valley High School by 7:10 am, student teach there till around noon, make the commute back to Penn State, possibly sleep in the library for a half hour while I work on my lesson plan for the next day and other work, then have class from 6pm-9pm. It’s better than my tuesday/thursday schedule though, so I can’t complain.

If you ever change the meeting time from a Monday night (or a Sunday or Thursday nights unless if it’s after 8, because I have 7pm-8pm meetings those nights), let me know.

Will do, idk if Monday’s are set in stone. I think the FB page will get updated as they are planned.

[quote=“bem5047, post:4, topic:80”]I wanted to make it, but Mondays are way too hectic for me anymore. I wake up at 6 am, leave for Penn’s Valley High School by 7:10 am, student teach there till around noon, make the commute back to Penn State, possibly sleep in the library for a half hour while I work on my lesson plan for the next day and other work, then have class from 6pm-9pm. It’s better than my tuesday/thursday schedule though, so I can’t complain.

If you ever change the meeting time from a Monday night (or a Sunday or Thursday nights unless if it’s after 8, because I have 7pm-8pm meetings those nights), let me know.[/quote]

So… what did you kids talk about? :slight_smile:

Does Rosetta Stone sell this language? :wink:

I just got done reading the “minutes” from the meeting. Sounds like we have some ideas to run with and visions for this season, I’m pretty excited for it all. This could be the year that the Nation rises to the top and is more widely recognized, particularly by students.

As for 40 minutes, I’d be fairly interested in helping out with that but there’s no way that I will be able to find the time to do that this semester (I used to do something like that back in HS). When the B10 season rolls around in January I may be able to help with that though (granted, I think I’m taking 18 credits next semester, so that’s a bit TBD). We definitely have to bring back 40 Minutes though, I was wondering about that over the course of last season - it just wasn’t the same.