PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

First Four?

What you think of it since its over?
For me it definitely wetted the taste buds for the whole weekend. The 12/12 and 11/11 play in games were nice though the best game of the First Four was the one 16/16 match up on Tuesday.

I am interested to see how these teams play in the second round, it could be a benefit to them get the dance jitters out on that first four.

I was happy for VCU. Good on them! I liked Kenny Smith’s comment about how it’s ok to praise a program but not rip one apart. And with all the negative press VCU was getting, I enjoyed seeing them take the win. :wink:

I was rooting for UAB and VCU after all the rips they were getting. Glad one got the W, and they have a good shot of taking out the Hoyas with there guard still questionable.

I was happy for VCU. Good on them! I liked Kenny Smith's comment about how it's ok to praise a program but not rip one apart. And with all the negative press VCU was getting, I enjoyed seeing them take the win. ;)
I was rooting for UAB and VCU after all the rips they were getting. Glad one got the W, and they have a good shot of taking out the Hoyas with there guard still questionable.

Big East fans and the ESPN and CBS talking heads would go into a tizzy if they beat GT. That would be sooooo satisfying, lol.

But objectively speaking, I agree. What’s been lost in all the talk about whether or not they should be here is that VCU is a talented team. The CAA is an underrated conference, IMO. If Wright is out for GT, I think VCU has a decent shot at the upset, and I’d love to see that.

Analysts get paid to ruffle the feathers a little. No one wants an analyst who agrees with everything and everyone. But when they pile on and “beat a dead horse” so to say, they get annoying. And that’s pretty much what most people have done with both UAB and VCU and what CK has done with PSU even though he saw them beat Wisconsin and “The Great Izzo Of March” with his own eyes.

These play-in games stink. It doesn’t make any sense. They should all be for the 16s. I know that isn’t fair to the small conference teams, but this smacks of politics. Gottfried did bring up something I hadn’t thought of, but the 5 seed coaches get shorter prep time, so maybe the experience the 12s get along with the short turnaround evens things out a bit.