PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Father/ Son Camp

Just got back from a great weekend with my 11 year old son at the father/son basketball camp. First let me say if you have the cance to take your son to this do it! We plan on making this a yearly tradition. The fact that Adam Fisher had 3 days to pull this together and how there was never a glitch! It started with an introduction from Coach Chambers who has been on a whirlwind tour visiting all the current players. I know must of you saw the press conference but he is even more impressive in person. The energy he has is amazing especially considering he probably hasn’t slept much in the past week. I had a chance to talk to him for a few minutes friday night and was very impressed. He even stopped at breakfast saturday morning to say hi to everyone before he went on the road again. Just listening to Burroughs and Fisher you can tell that there will be a whole new ATTITUDE with this program. They are all about attitude and they tried to really get the kids to understand it. Again my hat goes off to Fisher who ran this camp so professionally and with so much energy it was infectious. I have no idea how this would have been run by the old staff but I can’t believe it would have been close to as enjoyable. Can’t wait to watch the Chambers Era begin!

Glad to hear you and your son had a great time. Hopefully the new staff is having the same effect on recruits.

I guess that answers that question about Fisher.

I forgot to mention that there was no sign of Dan Earl but Kurt Kanaskie was there friday night.

Glad you had a good time but what an absurd comment. Sure Fisher did a nice job, but who do you think did all the preparation for the camp?

Ohio State is shaking in their boots, they heard the new video guy (Fisher) is talking up ATTITUDE at the Father-Son Camp.

[quote=“Locksmith, post:5, topic:2494”]Glad you had a good time but what an absurd comment. Sure Fisher did a nice job, but who do you think did all the preparation for the camp?

Ohio State is shaking in their boots, they heard the new video guy (Fisher) is talking up ATTITUDE at the Father-Son Camp.[/quote]

Fisher is the Director of Basketball Operations not “the new video guy”.

Gotta give Locksmith some lovin’ for the good snark, though. Still works subbing “DOB” for “the new video guy”. :slight_smile:

Glad to hear it about the camp, though.

Nothing on the PSU site about Fisher. We’d be seeing something tomorrow, I guess?

I’d be surprised. Fisher’s been here for the whole week without an announcement so there’s no reason to expect an announcement tomorrow. I actually don’t foresee one until the whole staff is lined up - and that’s going to be driven by what BU does. Plus there’s no given that Fisher will be the DoBo here like he was at BU. He could become the DoBo, the camp director, the video guy or any combination of the above. I just stood up for him because I didn’t feel there was any need for Locksmith to dis him or what he did in running the camps (which is clearly the role of an ops guy not a video guy).

I would agree with Lar on this one. Fisher clearly had put the camp together quickly and did a great job doing it. Obvioulsy there was some stuff done when he got there or else we wouldn’t have had a place to stay and eat. My main point of posting was to give my impression on how smooth the transition appears to be taking place. That Chambers has some great people working with him that they could turn this around in 3 days without any glitches. Also if Fisher is the OPS guy he has a ton of energy to do it.

Is the purpose of the Father-Son camp to impress Ohio State?

[quote="Locksmith, post:5, topic:2494"]Ohio State is shaking in their boots, they heard the new video guy (Fisher) is talking up ATTITUDE at the Father-Son Camp.[/quote]

OSU might have their own Father-Son camp. Greg Oden went by himself when he was a teenager, as he passed both as the Son (age) and the Father (appearance). Back in the day they had Grandfather/Grandson basketball camp in Columbus and Granville Waiters passed as both. :slight_smile:

[quote="Locksmith, post:5, topic:2494"]Ohio State is shaking in their boots, they heard the new video guy (Fisher) is talking up ATTITUDE at the Father-Son Camp.[/quote]

Only if it’d impress OSU’s new video guy, Greg Paulus.

Not just OSU, any and all opponents. Anyone that will listen, campers and dads. New ATTITUDE. They are all about attitude.

OSU might have their own Father-Son camp. Greg Oden went by himself when he was a teenager, as he passed both as the Son (age) and the Father (appearance). Back in the day they had Grandfather/Grandson basketball camp in Columbus and Granville Waiters passed as both. :slight_smile:

I love it! A Granville Waiters reference. Post of the week! :smiley: