PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Eyeballs vs Geeks Season Two: The Anti-Pomeroy

This version of Eyeballs vs Geeks is simple. Pomeroy picks every game between D1 opponents. Your mission, should you choose to accept, is to find 30 games over the course of the entire season where you think that Pomeroy is off his rocker and has made a bad pick. When you do, list your choice here.

There’s no minimum number of games that you have to pick every week, you just have to get 30 in by the end of the season (there are 12 weeks remaining in the season - find 2-3 games each week and you’ll reach your 30 by season’s end).

[size=14pt]Here’s a link for Pomeroy’s Daily Picks.[/size]

You can page forward or backward one day at a time by clicking on the two dates at the top of the page.

Just to prime the pump, here’s today’s games (I’ll occasionally list the games but almost assuredly won’t get around to it every day, so don’t wait for me, just make your pick.

Remember. Pick a game that you think he has wrong. Don’t make a pick if you agree with him. If you can’t find one that you like, don’t make a pick that day, wait for the next day. Just be sure to try to find 2-3 a week to keep up.

Note: Even with games like these where there are mostly overwhelming favorites, Pomeroy’s own odds say that he will get one of them wrong. Your objective is to just find what game that is.

Sounds good Lar. I don’t think I’m picking any games today, but I’m in.

Great.

One good thing about this approach is that if someone wants to join in later on, they can without any problem.

I’m in. I don’t really like any games today though.

Thanks for doing this Lar, I’m in, not today I don’t think but I’ll be looking at this often.

[quote=“UncleLar, post:1, topic:1690”]This version of Eyeballs vs Geeks is simple. Pomeroy picks every game between D1 opponents. Your mission, should you choose to accept, is to find 30 games over the course of the entire season where you think that Pomeroy is off his rocker and has made a bad pick. When you do, list your choice here.

There’s no minimum number of games that you have to pick every week, you just have to get 30 in by the end of the season (there are 12 weeks remaining in the season - find 2-3 games each week and you’ll reach your 30 by season’s end).

You can page forward or backward one day at a time by clicking on the two dates at the top of the page.

Just to prime the pump, here’s today’s games (I’ll occasionally list the games but almost assuredly won’t get around to it every day, so don’t wait for me, just make your pick.

Remember. Pick a game that you think he has wrong. Don’t make a pick if you agree with him. If you can’t find one that you like, don’t make a pick that day, wait for the next day. Just be sure to try to find 2-3 a week to keep up.

Note: Even with games like these where there are mostly overwhelming favorites, Pomeroy’s own odds say that he will get one of them wrong. Your objective is to just find what game that is.[/quote]

Well, Pomeroy was dead on in one respect. As projected, he got nine of the ten right and thank goodness the one he got wrong was ours.

This version of Eyeballs vs Geeks is simple. Pomeroy picks every game between D1 opponents. Your mission, should you choose to accept, is to find 30 games over the course of the entire season where you think that Pomeroy is off his rocker and has made a bad pick. When you do, list your choice here.

Note: Even with games like these where there are mostly overwhelming favorites, Pomeroy’s own odds say that he will get one of them wrong. Your objective is to just find what game that is.

Well, Pomeroy was dead on in one respect. As projected, he got nine of the ten right and thank goodness the one he got wrong was ours.

That 1st one was a tough pick going against #4 UConn. They’ve been tough. Kemba Walker still scoring big. Had 31 in loss. Shot 10-27, 3-11 from the arc. That’s a lot of shots. Not sure Talor ever took that many, but maybe. Next highest scorer on UConn had 9. Wild. Pitt had 5 with 9 or more. On the IU game, pretty bad loss for IU. I mean, if you lose your home opener to PSU, the future doesn’t bode so well. Bet Crean thought this would be his easiest game along with Iowa.

Pomeroy’s Tuesday picks

Pomeroy’s odds say he’ll get seven of these games wrong. Can you find one?

I’m thinking the Siena-Bonnies game – but I’ve seen neither play. It’d be a reach. Don’t think I’m going with it, though. Plenty of time to get 30 games.

Most of these games are blowouts. IUPUI lost by 2 to Oral Roberts at “The Jungle”. This one’s away. Probably unlikely, but one interesting to watch. IUPUI only lost by 11 to Ohio State, but then lost by 27 to Duquesne. Hey, didn’t we beat Duquesne? And we play OSU? Could it be in the cards? Hmmm… :wink:

Bonnies won by 3, KenPom said 2. Glad I didn’t take Siena!

Darn, I had Oral Roberts losing. Should have gone with it. However, I thought it was IUPUI who they were playing and they lost by to 2 last time. It was IUPUFW they were playing. Something tells me they’re not the same team. Hey, still. :wink: Sometimes luck better than skill! I only go 4 letters anyway. How many IUPU’s are there?

He was dead on again with seven wrong.

Pomeroy’s picks for today.

There are too many for me to clip the entire list but I can’t image anyone wanting to select one with higher odds but if you want to look at the rest of them, go here.

Today’s odds suggest that he will get 14 wrong. Anyone have a favorite?

Three actually, but IUPUC (Columbus) doesn’t have any intercollegiate athletic teams.

Definitely some picks today.

Northern Iowa over Missouri St.
UCLA over Washington State.

Have only seen Wash St. play out of all these teams. :smiley:

Also, Dayton over George Mason. ;D

Wednesday, December 29th, 2010

I would like to take:

Notre Dame AND Rhode Island as winners tonight.

Great I’ve been anxiously anticipating some action. I’m very curious how people will do given the opportunity to pick their own games.

I’ll take Northern Iowa and Dayton tonight.