PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Everhart fired

Looks like Everhart was fired today

Does McConnell stay now?

Would PC be interested?

No wonder he was sniffing around the PSU job last year. He probably knew then he wasn’t going to last much longer. Here is a link to the PG article:

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/duquesne/duquesne-fires-everhart-following-player-transfers-627718/

Does McConnell stay now?

Would PC be interested?

I believe there was a post somewhere that McConnell’s dad said PSU wasn’t one of the schools they were looking at.

I was never a fan of Everhart. BUT, Duquesne fans are a funny bunch. They claim Everhart could not recruit enough. I think just the opposite. It’s very hard to recruit for a school where , I believe, most teenagers have never heard of, can’t spell the school name and have no idea where the school is located!

Apologist!!! ;D

Everhart certainly churned the roster a lot during his Duquesne tenure. Even his assistant coaches seemed to come and go frequently. He seems to be the kind of coach that can build a program up from the dregs, but it always plateaus before reaching the NCAA Tournament.

Some here were promoting Everhart as DeChellis’s replacement, and I recall that Everhart interviewed with Curley. Everhart would have been far down my list of candidates for our job.

Wow!! I know this wasn’t meant for public consumption, but he sounds like a fan on a message board more than the University President.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/17993839/duquesne-president-details-reasons-for-firing-everhart-in-email-to-board

We reached the conclusion that this kind of performance was impossible under his leadership due to uneven recruiting, large turnovers among his student athletes and coaching staff, an overall average win-loss record and a losing record in the A10, poor performance in close games, the predictable collapse of our teams late in the season, and a general disorganization and lack of communication that is clear to those close to the program.

[quote=“JohnT, post:9, topic:3198”]Wow!! I know this wasn’t meant for public consumption, but he sounds like a fan on a message board more than the University President.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/17993839/duquesne-president-details-reasons-for-firing-everhart-in-email-to-board

File under the “some things are just better off not said” category!!

I wonder if this news might cause senior Donovan Jack of Berks Catholic to decommit from Duquesne. Not sure if PC would be interested in this kid but he is listed in the matrix here.

[quote=“CAPPY, post:11, topic:3198”]I wonder if this news might cause senior Donovan Jack of Berks Catholic to decommit from Duquesne. Not sure if PC would be interested in this kid but he is listed in the matrix here.[/quote]No way Jose. Saw him a few times this year and I highly doubt he’ll ever make a major impact at Duquesne.

I liked Everhart, though that Pres quote is quite damning. Good luck to him. In retrospect I’m glad we got PC.

Kovacevic: Duquesne painfully oblivious
By Dejan Kovacevic, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, March 26, 2012

[quote=“timauman, post:14, topic:3198”]Kovacevic: Duquesne painfully oblivious
By Dejan Kovacevic, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Monday, March 26, 2012[/quote]

Hmm…who’s the highly rated JUCO forward Duquesne has that might be on the fence?

Duquesne names Jim Ferry coach