Evan Turner really is as annoying as he seems

Two things happend tonight that I thought you would enjoy.

1. At the end of the game Turner shot two free throws, after he made each one, he looked at those of us right by him and he first time he blew us a kiss, the second time he mouthed B*tch.

2. After the game he came over to let us know we were all F’n B*tches

–Extra
After Buford fouled out he pointed at the scoreboard and grabbed his crotch and shook it at us. After we yelled at him a little, he gave us a little finger to look at.

Not a big gossip guy, but I can’t turn down reasons not to like Ohio State.

They showed Buford’s act close-up on television… didn’t notice Turner’s antics, but I’m not surprised.

The Coach also desires BLAME for letting the behavior continue.

What started all of this? You’d think they’d be used to hearing it all after going to MSU, Michigan, Purdue, Illinois, etc…

Maybe they behave that way everywhere!

[quote="NYJJared, post:4, topic:883"]What started all of this? You'd think they'd be used to hearing it all after going to MSU, Michigan, Purdue, Illinois, etc...[/quote]

Maybe they behave that way everywhere!

I didn’t see it but someone in the stands last night (bitching about Turner’s antics) said against I think Iowa Turner took the ball and put it over the head of one of the Iowa kids (globetrotter style) for no reason. I’m pretty sure they said it was the coach’s kid.

From the Jones article on the link below:

Evan Turner has been feeling a little too wonderful lately and got boos from the home crowd in Columbus for “giving a headache” — that is, quickly putting the ball behind a defender's head and then jerking it back — to Iowa freshman John Lickliter, son of the Hawkeyes' coach Todd. It's a move meant to humiliate in street ball, where it's sometimes funny. When a potential national player of the year does it to a walk-on in a Big Ten arena, then it's just punk behavior.

http://blog.pennlive.com/davidjones/2010/02/college_central_division_i_sta.html

[quote=“NGameday, post:1, topic:883”]Two things happend tonight that I thought you would enjoy.

1. At the end of the game Turner shot two free throws, after he made each one, he looked at those of us right by him and he first time he blew us a kiss, the second time he mouthed B*tch.

–Extra
After Buford fouled out he pointed at the scoreboard and grabbed his crotch and shook it at us. After we yelled at him a little, he gave us a little finger to look at.

Not a big gossip guy, but I can’t turn down reasons not to like Ohio State.[/quote]

So our student section got to them, and will probably get Buford a suspension for ruining the wholesome image of the big 10.

I say job well done.

My response to the Buford incident here:
http://pennstatehoops.com/talk/index.php?topic=902.msg17656#msg17656

As for the Turner thing, I didn’t see it… so I’m not going to comment on it.

[quote="NGameday, post:1, topic:883"]Two things happend tonight that I thought you would enjoy.

–Extra

Not a big gossip guy, but I can’t turn down reasons not to like Ohio State.[/quote]

So our student section got to them, and will probably get Buford a suspension for ruining the wholesome image of the big 10.

I say job well done.

sounds like sour grapes from psu fans to me. we need to get over ourselves. our players are not angels - see pringle. also, for example, see the recent thread discussing the PSU football team and its rash of arrests…

psu fans are such hypocrites.

Yet you get articles like this

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2010/02/26/guards_cherish_friendship.aspx

I’ve always thought Turner had a chump personality. Remember the OSU game last year on tv? He got up in Cornley’s grill and you could read his lips as he called Jamelle a bi%$. Personally, I would have liked to see 'Melle get T’d for flooring his pansy a@. :o

Evan Turner & Jamelle Cornley Trash Talking

I remember that. :smiley:

There is no doubt in my mind Mel was instigating it. Mel is just (normally) smart enough to not get caught.

I remember the nice shoulder drop Mel gave Harangody last year in the NIT during a timeout. I would really hate Mel’s attitude if he was on a team other than PSU’s. Oh well, I guess that’s the price to pay for being the baddest man in the league.

Jones takes another shot at Turner below from the article on the link below:

I told a writer friend at the start of the tournament that I didn't know how or when but someone was going to get Ohio State. This guy liked the Buckeyes for the national title mainly because they had what he felt was the best starting five led by the nation's best player. I told him cheekily that karma was going to boomerang on Evan Turner because he'd been acting like a punk all year – the “headache” he gave to a helpless Iowa walk-on late in a spent game and the various other street crap I'd seen him pull. My guy said in deadpan tone he preferred talent over karma.

http://blog.pennlive.com/davidjones/2010/03/heroes_and_villains_in_positio.html

Also nice to see Jones “call out” the charging on Baylor with 4 minutes to go. THAT CALL changed the game. My wife jumped out of her chair. I am more experienced with Duke getting the important calls!

While one can debate whether Zoubek got there in time or not, one thing is clear from watching the video. Despite Jones’ claim to the contrary, Zoubek was NOT in the “no charge” zone under the basket.

Here’s DJ’s comment.

“It should have been an easy call not only because Zoubek was late and sliding but had to be inside the help-defense arc around the hoop (the one that the NCAA won’t actually paint on the court like the NBA does).”

Here’s the definition of "under the basket by the NCAA.

“Under the basket” is defined as from the front and side of the ring to the front of the backboard. A player is considered under the basket when any part of either foot is in this area.

If you watch the video, you can see that Zoubek is outside of the backboard area so he’s not “under the basket”.

Acy Charge or Zoubek Block

[quote="tundra, post:16, topic:883"]Also nice to see Jones "call out" the charging on Baylor with 4 minutes to go. THAT CALL changed the game. My wife jumped out of her chair. I am more experienced with Duke getting the important calls![/quote]

While one can debate whether Zoubek got there in time or not, one thing is clear from watching the video. Despite Jones’ claim to the contrary, Zoubek was NOT in the “no charge” zone under the basket.

Here’s DJ’s comment.

“It should have been an easy call not only because Zoubek was late and sliding but had to be inside the help-defense arc around the hoop (the one that the NCAA won’t actually paint on the court like the NBA does).”

Here’s the definition of "under the basket by the NCAA.

“Under the basket” is defined as from the front and side of the ring to the front of the backboard. A player is considered under the basket when any part of either foot is in this area.

If you watch the video, you can see that Zoubek is outside of the backboard area so he’s not “under the basket”.

Acy Charge or Zoubek Block

True but it was a block all the way. That was def a game chaning call

It was a charge and it changed the game, plain and simple. Duke gets more calls than any team I’ve ever seen. Amazing.

How was it a block? Zoubek was away from the basket and his feet were planted before Acy went airborne. Sounds like a classic charge to me.

Maybe Baylor should’ve made some free throws, grabbed some more rebounds (22-9 offensive RB advantage), or not fouled so damn much in the lane.