ESPNU now in HD on DTV

Maybe this is old news but I just noticed this weekend that ESPNU is now available in HD on DTV. Great news if you are a college sports fan. :slight_smile:

Since May 19

I guess it took the start of the College World Series for me to finally notice that the games on that channel were in HD. And speaking of the College World Series, Minnesota is 2-0.

Just so no one’s confused. Minnesota isn’t in the College World Series just yet. It’s not until you get to Omaha that it’s considered the World Series. Minnesota is just in the Regionals. The Super Regionals are next, then the World Series.

My high school buddy pitched a couple scoreless innings in a regional match-up for Ryder the other day. They ended up losing the game and have been eliminated (double elimination), but oh well. College baseball is fun to follow at this time of the year. Heck, all playoffs are fun to follow… we just need them in D1 college football.

[quote="CAPPY, post:3, topic:1213"]I guess it took the start of the College World Series for me to finally notice that the games on that channel were in HD. And speaking of the College World Series, Minnesota is 2-0.[/quote]

Just so no one’s confused. Minnesota isn’t in the College World Series just yet. It’s not until you get to Omaha that it’s considered the World Series. Minnesota is just in the Regionals. The Super Regionals are next, then the World Series.

Minnesota lost last night to Cal St-Fullerton. They will play them again today at 11 PM EDT on ESPNU. Winner advances, loser goes home.

[quote="CAPPY, post:3, topic:1213"]I guess it took the start of the College World Series for me to finally notice that the games on that channel were in HD. And speaking of the College World Series, Minnesota is 2-0.[/quote]

Well, just like the NCAA hoops regionals are the “road to the Final Four” the baseball regionals are the “road to the College World Series” so it works for me. Plus, when I googled COLLEGE WORLD SERIES this link came up. That is where I discovered that Minney was 2-0 prior to last night under scores/results. :slight_smile:

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/m-basebl/champpage/inc/div1/m-basebl-div1-schedule.html

Well, just like the NCAA hoops regionals are the “road to the Final Four” the baseball regionals are the “road to the College World Series” so it works for me. Plus, when I googled COLLEGE WORLD SERIES this link came up. That is where I discovered that Minney was 2-0 prior to last night under scores/results. :slight_smile:

http://www.ncaa.com/sports/m-basebl/champpage/inc/div1/m-basebl-div1-schedule.html

The games listed there are the ones in Omaha.

This past weekend was the Regionals.
Next weekend is the Super Regionals.
The weekend after that is the start of the College World Series which runs through the 29th (or 30th if necessary).

Here’s the scores/results page which also shows the games in Omaha as the CWS.

Thank god… it was not only in silly SD, but it was one of the worst looking SD channels around.

Minnesota lost last night to Cal St-Fullerton. They will play them again today at 11 PM EDT on ESPNU. Winner advances, loser goes home.

CS-Fullerton won their fourth straight elimination game to advance to the Super Regionals. Minnesota heads home and the season has ended for Big Ten baseball.

As an aside…I realized CBS College Sports Network is now on the Choice Xtra package