ESPN Mag 1/25/10 Issue Page 62

Besides a half page story on Jimmer Fredette, there is Penn State mention of how Frazier and Edwards are not performing as well as expected and rubbing their teammates the wrong way according to an unnamed assistant.

I can’t believe something like this about this program made it to the pages of ESPN magazine! Should I be happy?

I can’t really believe that. Frazier and Edwards are getting minutes, maybe they not playing up to someone goals but they playing decent for Freshmen. Definitely better then some upper classmen

Edwards does look a little out of sync with the rest of the team but I don’t think anyone outside of TB at this point is entitled to be rubbed the wrong way.

I would imagine that this would be OTC issues not PT related

The only ones I can imagine would be “rubbed the wrong way” by Frazier and Edwards would be those that have lost PT to them, but then I’m not exactly informed on the topic. :slight_smile:

Great, let’s start speculating. :frowning: :’(

[quote="NGameday, post:5, topic:652"]I would imagine that this would be OTC issues not PT related[/quote]

Great, let’s start speculating. :frowning: :’(

I was waiting for this come out. It may not be true, but I heard a player cut the line one day at training table. :wink: ;D That is the type of OTC issues we can do without.

Only thing I notice is that Frazier seems to have a bit of a temper. He got that early technical, and he seems to foul kind of hard, almost flagrant at times, e.g., like if the ball is stolen from him he often responds with a very hard foul. Seems immature. One game I think he(and Edwards) had 4 fouls apiece in less than 15 minutes.

When you are dealing with people (young people at that) and not robots then things happen. Not all 14-15 personalitites click. I don’t know the degrre of issue at PSU (if any) but I would think every sport team have “some issues.”

I’m trying to remember him getting a Technical, but I can’t. What game was that?

I don’t remember the game but I remember the tech. I thought it was BS call. Frazier made an And 1 layup and the defender was hanging on him a little after the play. Frazier used his elbow to brush/push him off. I think you’d normally just see him get a quick talk from the ref.

I think the 8-8 record has a lot more to do with any “issues” than any player on the team. Winning makes little things go away.

Yep, I remember it now. Thanks.

[quote=“LPcreation, post:12, topic:652”]I don’t remember the game but I remember the tech. I thought it was BS call. Frazier made an And 1 layup and the defender was hanging on him a little after the play. Frazier used his elbow to brush/push him off. I think you’d normally just see him get a quick talk from the ref.

I think the 8-8 record has a lot more to do with any “issues” than any player on the team. Winning makes little things go away.[/quote]

I think it is frustration BS. This team is better than 0-4 in the Big 10 and they know it, but the fact remains they are 0-4. When they start winning the will all be singing Kumbaya and all will be better.

[quote="LPcreation, post:12, topic:652"]I don't remember the game but I remember the tech. I thought it was BS call. Frazier made an And 1 layup and the defender was hanging on him a little after the play. Frazier used his elbow to brush/push him off. I think you'd normally just see him get a quick talk from the ref.

I think the 8-8 record has a lot more to do with any “issues” than any player on the team. Winning makes little things go away.[/quote]

I think it is frustration BS. This team is better than 0-4 in the Big 10 and they know it, but the fact remains they are 0-4. When they start winning the will all be singing Kumbaya and all will be better.

It makes sense for a team to use “blame the new guys” for some of the frustrations of the record. If they were expected to jump in and replace Danny, Stan and Mel’s numbers, some one jumped the shark.

Agreed Tundra. This happens everyday. Extremely disappointed one of the assistant coaches decided to take it public.

So a couple of freshmen have a chip on their shoulder…GOOD. Maybe they can spread some of that competitiveness around to the others.

Again, it’s only speculation as to what happened and who is involved, but this team needs some tough kids to stand up and be counted. If they rub some of the others the wrong way, oh well. I, like others, believe that winning will start to cure some of the disgruntledness (is that a word ???).

[quote=“NittanyIllini, post:17, topic:652”]So a couple of freshmen have a chip on their shoulder…GOOD. Maybe they can spread some of that competitiveness around to the others.

Again, it’s only speculation as to what happened and who is involved, but this team needs some tough kids to stand up and be counted. If they rub some of the others the wrong way, oh well. I, like others, believe that winning will start to cure some of the disgruntledness (is that a word ???).[/quote]

As you mention, it’s dumb to speculate. If an assistant(if that’s who it is) thinks there’s issues, there may be. But you’re right about stepping up, but showing toughness is delivering in the clutch. Other than Battle, I think Babb and DJ have delivered most consistently. I am particularly enthusiastic about Babb. Seems to me to be one of the better shooters in the league. I am not looking up stats, I know what I see. He gets better as the season goes on. Our offense does not seem to get shooters the looks I see guys get on NU, Wisky, Michigan, which has forced Chris to use screens to dribble around to get shots, and he’s doing it. Not that screens are a bad way to go, but getting a kickout from the inside is much easier way to score, and the only way DJ and Brooks hit treys. IMO, what he’s doing is helping him to develop as a player. What I’d love to see from him is to finish at the hole. At 6’5", he’s a tough matchup. IMO, he will be a 15ppg player next year. And a good defender and solid rebounder.

Kid,

I honestly think Babb can get close to those numbers the 2nd half of THIS year. I think he’s getting better each game. The kid knows how to score.

[quote=“Friznitz5, post:19, topic:652”]Kid,

I honestly think Babb can get close to those numbers the 2nd half of THIS year. I think he’s getting better each game. The kid knows how to score.[/quote]

Not doubt Frizzy…His confidence level is starting to soar I feel. He pretty much locked down on Manny in the Michigan game (though Harris didn’t have to do much)…and he’s gone 16 of 30 from downtown in the last six games. His size definitely will pose problems, especially when he plays the 2.