ESPN.com Bubble Watch

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bubblewatch?id=99

Three B10 teams are “locks” (MSU, Purdue, and Wisky), 1 “should be in” (OSU), and 3 more “have work left to do” (NU, Minne, Illinois).

It has Penn State as, by far, Virginia’s worst lost when it comes to RPIs - we are 227, Stanford is the next highest at 139.

The BE has 5 “locks,” and another 5 teams with work left to do.

The ACC has only 1 “lock” (Duke), but has 1 team that “should be in,” and 7 teams still with work left to do.

The PAC10 has 0 locks, 0 teams that should be in, and only 2 teams still with work left to do. Lucky for them at least one team is guaranteed a bid out of their conference… jeeze.

The B12 has 3 locks and 5 teams still with work left to do

The SEC has 1 lock, 2 teams that should be in, and 4 teams still with work left to do.

Penn State has defeated 2 teams that have some work left to do to get in - William & Mary, and Virginia

So, let’s pretend that all the teams listed for each of these major conferences make the dance and no other teams from these conferences make it. That makes the total bids per major conference look like this:

Big East: 10
ACC: 9
B12: 8
SEC: 7
B10: 7
Pac 10: 2

Forgot to post this in my thread, it was posted yesterday, I believe.

No way BE gets 10 or the ACC 9. Out of the 5 teams that need to do more work in the BE, only 2 would be in the tournament right now (Cincy, Louisville). UConn has played themselves out of it right now. Marquette and SHU have more work to do.

The ACC gets 6 or 7 as well if the tournament selection were tonight. Virginia, UNC, and most likely VT wouldn’t make it.

Only Minnesota is in decent shape out of the B10 teams. NW and Illinois need to do work.

The collapse of the P10 has opened up 4-5 bids for mid-majors this year. I feel that the B12 might get a few more than expected. CUSA has 4 quality teams, CAA, etc.

Unfortunately, the win over Bill & Mary was last season.

[quote="State4Life, post:1, topic:781"]Penn State has defeated 2 teams that have some work left to do to get in - William & Mary, and Virginia[/quote]

Unfortunately, the win over Bill & Mary was last season.

Yeah, you’re right. I guess my mind is just trying to forget this season.