Ed used as a benchmark

http://beyondthearc.msnbc.msn.com/archive/2009/10/13/2097923.aspx

Always nice to see Ed as the “Hot seat that didn’t burn”

Funny to see several “Big Name” coaches that people wanted at PSU on that list.

Haha yeah next thing you know we’ll find a list of recruits that turned into duds with Terrelle Pryor names on it

Funny how? Being on the hot seat at another school does not automatically mean that they would be on the hot seat here. Expectations and situations at other programs are not the same as they are here.

Ehh, I don’t really get what’s up with the constant hate on TP by PSU fans (claiming that he’s already a dud? Please! starting as a sophomore for a top 10 program is hardly a dud), it really just seems like jealousy. Pryor is an amazing talent, but he may just have to realize his future may not be behind center. He would be a HECK of a receiver at any level - I don’t see a PSU cornerback who could cover him if he was a WR (his size, speed, and athleticism is a freak combination).

[quote="NGameday, post:3, topic:105"]Haha yeah next thing you know we'll find a list of recruits that turned into duds with [s]Terrelle Pryor [/s] names on it[/quote] Ehh, I don't really get what's up with the constant hate on TP by PSU fans (claiming that he's already a dud? Please! starting as a sophomore for a top 10 program is hardly a dud), it really just seems like jealousy. Pryor is an amazing talent, but he may just have to realize his future may not be behind center. He would be a HECK of a receiver at any level - I don't see a PSU cornerback who could cover him if he was a WR (his size, speed, and athleticism is a freak combination).

I’m just poking fun, I’ve got no beef with Pryor. He has plenty of work to do, but there is no denying his talent…that being said, a #1 recruit shouldn’t pass for 0 yards in the first half of any game…

[quote="Tom, post:2, topic:105"]Funny to see several "Big Name" coaches that people wanted at PSU on that list.[/quote]

Funny how? Being on the hot seat at another school does not automatically mean that they would be on the hot seat here. Expectations and situations at other programs are not the same as they are here.

But it shows that the “big name” isn’t the panacea everyone wants them to be.

[quote="Tom, post:2, topic:105"]Funny to see several "Big Name" coaches that people wanted at PSU on that list.[/quote]

But it shows that the “big name” isn’t the panacea everyone wants them to be.

Yea thats more along the lines of what I’m getting at

Notice how the articles says not much is expected from our team this season? Hmmmmmm.

I think our team will show just how bad their analyses are 8)