PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Ed had another offer weeks ago

Sadly, DeChellis apparently had a better offer from a mid-major a month ago but turned it down, according to the Harrisburg Patriot-News. The paper reported the offer was for seven years at $1 million per, but his agent thought he could do better.

If that’s true, DeChellis should fire his agent.

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/content.detail/id/550463/Giger–DeChellis-resigns-for-Navy-job–but-not-exactly-for-reasons-he-said.html?nav=746

[quote=“cale1510, post:1, topic:2415”]Sadly, DeChellis apparently had a better offer from a mid-major a month ago but turned it down, according to the Harrisburg Patriot-News. The paper reported the offer was for seven years at $1 million per, but his agent thought he could do better.

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/content.detail/id/550463/Giger–DeChellis-resigns-for-Navy-job–but-not-exactly-for-reasons-he-said.html?nav=746[/quote]

Maybe, maybe not. $$$$ aside, the more I think about it, the better this deal seems to be for ED. Navy might be the perfect job for him. So what if he could have gotten a 7 figure job somewhere else. I’m betting he and his family will be a lot happier in Annapolis than they would have been anywhere else. My congratulations go out to all of them. It’s not always about the Benjamins.

[quote="cale1510, post:1, topic:2415"]Sadly, DeChellis apparently had a better offer from a mid-major a month ago but turned it down, according to the Harrisburg Patriot-News. The paper reported the offer was for seven years at $1 million per, but his agent thought he could do better.

http://www.altoonamirror.com/page/content.detail/id/550463/Giger–DeChellis-resigns-for-Navy-job–but-not-exactly-for-reasons-he-said.html?nav=746[/quote]

Maybe, maybe not. $$$$ aside, the more I think about it, the better this deal seems to be for ED. Navy might be the perfect job for him. So what if he could have gotten a 7 figure job somewhere else. I’m betting he and his family will be a lot happier in Annapolis than they would have been anywhere else. My congratulations go out to all of them. It’s not always about the Benjamins.

agree completely with Lar. I speculate that Ed may have been thinking of going to Dayton, and personally I would go to Annapolis over Dayton as well. Even if the pay is lower and cost of living is way higher. Money is not quite everything and Ed is doing just fine anyway.

[quote="cale1510, post:1, topic:2415"]Sadly, DeChellis apparently had a better offer from a mid-major a month ago but turned it down, according to the Harrisburg Patriot-News. The paper reported the offer was for seven years at $1 million per, but his agent thought he could do better.

4,500 Benjamins per year is a heck of a lot more than the 500 or so that I make. And Annapolis is a fantastic place. It’s on the water and has some great boating. The town is very clean and charming. It’s close enough to Baltimore and DC for the big city lifestyle (not that Baltimore is really like a big city). We go down to Annapolis for the day once in a while during the summer. I’d move there in a second if I got a job offer. ED, if you are reading this, I have both a math and an accounting degree, etc. Contact me, I’ll send you my resume. ;D

I agree that Annapolis is a great place for ED. It really fits his integrity and work ethic. It could be a Ralph Willard type of move, where Willard did much better with the kinds of kid he recruited at Holy Cross… the High Div I just didn’t fit for him. ED could also do much better at Navy for similar reasons.