Ed gets one more year under only one condition

Kanaskie and Preston have to go after this season. Ed is a PSU guy and from everything I have read and heard, a really class act. He is the kind of guy that you want to see succeed. And Ed does know how to build a program, as look at where the facilities and other pieces were when he took over and where he has taken them to. In that sense, I think he knows how to work the PSU system. And I think the chances of PSU getting into recruiting violations and the seedy side of the college BBall game are very unlikely, which is the PSU way.

But let’s face it, he is not much of a game coach and doesn’t seem to be too much of a motivator. Fundamentally, this team is extremely poor. Other than Battle, we have not seen much improvement from anybody from this year to last and guys with multiple years in the program like Jones, Jackson, and Brooks have been very disappointing. Offensively there is still way too many times where Battle ends up with the ball and about 6 seconds left on the clock and is asked to go 1 on 4. Defensively, I don’t have a clue what they are doing and I don’t think the players have a clue either.

So Ed can stay in charge of the program because he is decent at it. But he needs to bring in a TOP NOTCH X’s and O’s guy who can install a real offensive system and teach these kids how to play defense. And Ed needs to bring in a LEGIT FRONTCOURT COACH that is also a motivator. Without two new coaches, this program is going nowhere.

[quote=“Cletus11, post:1, topic:716”]Kanaskie and Preston have to go after this season. Ed is a PSU guy and from everything I have read and heard, a really class act. He is the kind of guy that you want to see succeed. And Ed does know how to build a program, as look at where the facilities and other pieces were when he took over and where he has taken them to. In that sense, I think he knows how to work the PSU system. And I think the chances of PSU getting into recruiting violations and the seedy side of the college BBall game are very unlikely, which is the PSU way.

But let’s face it, he is not much of a game coach and doesn’t seem to be too much of a motivator. Fundamentally, this team is extremely poor. Other than Battle, we have not seen much improvement from anybody from this year to last and guys with multiple years in the program like Jones, Jackson, and Brooks have been very disappointing. Offensively there is still way too many times where Battle ends up with the ball and about 6 seconds left on the clock and is asked to go 1 on 4. Defensively, I don’t have a clue what they are doing and I don’t think the players have a clue either.

So Ed can stay in charge of the program because he is decent at it. But he needs to bring in a TOP NOTCH X’s and O’s guy who can install a real offensive system and teach these kids how to play defense. And Ed needs to bring in a LEGIT FRONTCOURT COACH that is also a motivator. Without two new coaches, this program is going nowhere.[/quote]
Why all the sudden hatred for Preston? It seems like in the span of a few weeks he has gone from a well liked coach to the second coming of the antichrist.

He was lauded when he came here from Florida a year and a half ago. The talk was all about how it was a coup to get him from Billy Donovan and then again last season he was praised for his work throughout the season into the NIT.

Now, all of the sudden, he is being called upon to be fired? And what about Kanaskie? He was instrumental in getting Talor Battle. Why the hatred for any of the coaches? Talk about a short fuse.

[quote="Cletus11, post:1, topic:716"]Kanaskie and Preston have to go after this season. Ed is a PSU guy and from everything I have read and heard, a really class act. He is the kind of guy that you want to see succeed. And Ed does know how to build a program, as look at where the facilities and other pieces were when he took over and where he has taken them to. In that sense, I think he knows how to work the PSU system. And I think the chances of PSU getting into recruiting violations and the seedy side of the college BBall game are very unlikely, which is the PSU way.

So Ed can stay in charge of the program because he is decent at it. But he needs to bring in a TOP NOTCH X’s and O’s guy who can install a real offensive system and teach these kids how to play defense. And Ed needs to bring in a LEGIT FRONTCOURT COACH that is also a motivator. Without two new coaches, this program is going nowhere.[/quote]
Why all the sudden hatred for Preston? It seems like in the span of a few weeks he has gone from a well liked coach to the second coming of the antichrist.

He was lauded when he came here from Florida a year and a half ago. The talk was all about how it was a coup to get him from Billy Donovan and then again last season he was praised for his work throughout the season into the NIT.

Now, all of the sudden, he is being called upon to be fired? And what about Kanaskie? He was instrumental in getting Talor Battle. Why the hatred for any of the coaches? Talk about a short fuse.

Preston was never lauded by those in the know. Preston was run out of UF. He was largely responsible for the soft parts of the UF team a few years ago that Donovan gave up on. It was never discussed on this board b/c of the b&w goggles, but Preston was just looking for a place to land from UF.

here’s a link:
http://www.blackshoediaries.com/2008/6/2/544107/filling-in-the-blanks-on-l

http://www.pennlive.com/columns/patriotnews/jones/index.ssf?/base/columnists/121228350429670.xml&coll=1&thispage=1

Kanaskie and Preston have to go after this season. Ed is a PSU guy and from everything I have read and heard, a really class act. He is the kind of guy that you want to see succeed. And Ed does know how to build a program, as look at where the facilities and other pieces were when he took over and where he has taken them to. In that sense, I think he knows how to work the PSU system. And I think the chances of PSU getting into recruiting violations and the seedy side of the college BBall game are very unlikely, which is the PSU way.

So Ed can stay in charge of the program because he is decent at it. But he needs to bring in a TOP NOTCH X’s and O’s guy who can install a real offensive system and teach these kids how to play defense. And Ed needs to bring in a LEGIT FRONTCOURT COACH that is also a motivator. Without two new coaches, this program is going nowhere.

Just because we don’t have fuses 7+ years long doesn’t mean they are short. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote="Cletus11, post:1, topic:716"]Kanaskie and Preston have to go after this season. Ed is a PSU guy and from everything I have read and heard, a really class act. He is the kind of guy that you want to see succeed. And Ed does know how to build a program, as look at where the facilities and other pieces were when he took over and where he has taken them to. In that sense, I think he knows how to work the PSU system. And I think the chances of PSU getting into recruiting violations and the seedy side of the college BBall game are very unlikely, which is the PSU way.

Preston was never lauded by those in the know. Preston was run out of UF. He was largely responsible for the soft parts of the UF team a few years ago that Donovan gave up on. It was never discussed on this board b/c of the b&w goggles, but Preston was just looking for a place to land from UF.

What is this, more internet gossip? You find one reliable source that says Preston was run out of UF, and have it come from Dave Jones. He already pulled off one hatchet job on DeChellis. I can only imagine what he has waiting in the wings.

I thought Kanaskie was considered the best recruiter on the staff?

What is this, more internet gossip? You find one reliable source that says Preston was run out of UF, and have it come from Dave Jones. He already pulled off one hatchet job on DeChellis. I can only imagine what he has waiting in the wings.

It was common knowledge of UF fans in the know. Its rather obvious if you think about it. REad the articles.

Kanaskie may be the best recruiter on the staff, but that’s not saying much.

It was common knowledge of UF fans in the know. Its rather obvious if you think about it. REad the articles.

Sorry, but what you consider “common knowledge” isn’t what I would consider reliable. Link the articles, if you can actually find one that says he was “run out of Florida”.

Sorry, but what you consider “common knowledge” isn’t what I would consider reliable. Link the articles, if you can actually find one that says he was “run out of Florida”.

as requested:

here’s a link:

http://www.pennlive.com/columns/patriotnews/jones/index.ssf?/base/columnists/121228350429670.xml&coll=1&thispage=1

as requested:

here’s a link:

Seriously? The first one isn’t an “article”. It is a blog written by someone interpreting other articles. The second one says NOTHING about Preston being “run out of town”.

as requested:

here’s a link:

Seriously? The first one isn’t an “article”. It is a blog written by someone interpreting other articles. The second one says NOTHING about Preston being “run out of town”.

here’s the Scout.com FL page that describes it in more depth. its pay though, so you may have to pony up a few bucks

http://florida.scout.com/a.z?s=168&p=2&c=758764&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fflorida.scout.com%2f2%2f758764.html

[quote=“FanofPSU, post:11, topic:716”]here’s the Scout.com FL page that describes it in more depth. its pay though, so you may have to pony up a few bucks

http://florida.scout.com/a.z?s=168&p=2&c=758764&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fflorida.scout.com%2f2%2f758764.html[/quote]

Why do I suspect that this is really some article on some Florida IM frisbee football contest that you want a certain someone to spend money on. ;D

here's the Scout.com FL page that describes it in more depth. its pay though, so you may have to pony up a few bucks

http://florida.scout.com/a.z?s=168&p=2&c=758764&ssf=1&RequestedURL=http%3a%2f%2fflorida.scout.com%2f2%2f758764.html

Why do I suspect that this is really some article on some Florida IM frisbee football contest that you want a certain someone to spend money on. ;D

Hahaha. FUnniest post of the year.

as requested:

here’s a link:

here’s the Scout.com FL page that describes it in more depth. its pay though, so you may have to pony up a few bucks

Isn’t it ironic that the one article that mentions Preston being “run out of town” is one you have to pay to read. ::slight_smile: