PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Early FF Buzz: Next year's Arian Foster?

This writer thinks Evan Royster could be it: http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/sports/blogs/Cheers-and-Jeers/Royster-should-Foster-NFL-buzz-1419620-106579588.html

Interesting. I really have no idea what to expect of Royster in the NFL. But it would be great if he had similar success. The key, of course, is landing in the right situation (wherever that may be).

Well, if Royster is going to make it to the NFL, he’d probably have to follow the same undrafted path.

Gees, I admittedly don’t follow the football team that closely but I had no idea he was PSU’s alltime leading rusher.

As for having the same success as Foster, I just can’t imagine Royster coming into the NFL and instantly becoming one of its premier players.

Actually I see Royster more along the lines of a Terrell Davis, 5th or 6th rounder and if he gets behind a solid line he will have a nice career.

Not many RBs at PSU start for three years.

As much as I like Evan, I just don’t see it. He has incredible vision, but he’s a step too slow and not quite powerful enough to play in the NFL in my opinion. I think his career path will look like Tony Hunt’s, where he’ll hand around a practice squad or two and maybe be active for some games here and there. I personally thought that Hunt had a brighter future at the next level, and I’ll never quite understand how Curtis Enis didn’t make it.

Royster has to get things squared away between his ears.

It seems that he has some serious motivation issues. From what I understand, he could have went in the first 3 rounds had he declared for the draft. Instead, he returned to school. But, instead of exerting himself, he let himself go. He completely wasted 6 months in the spring and came back as a lesser version of himself in the next season.

If this were the NFL, he would have been benched and would not see the field unless something drastic happened. At Penn State, the second option is a 19 year old kid. In the NFL, the second option is a 2 time all-conference back. Smaller margin of error.

[quote=“frats, post:7, topic:1441”]I personally thought that Hunt had a brighter future at the next level, and I’ll never quite understand how Curtis Enis didn’t make it.[/quote]Enis tore his ACL and continued playing in the game. He was never the same after that. Its pretty common for RBs who tear their ACL to never regain their reckless abandon.

I like Royster a lot as a college back, but don’t see him playing at the next level, for reasons list by frats above. Hope to be proved wrong…