Duquesne - WVU

I don’t know if anybody watched the game last night. WVU won big. They are very good this year.
I just wanted to note that this was once a very heated rivalry in the mid-late seventies. It was most heated due to the behavior of Coach Huggins (when he was a player.) Huggins was a fine player. Strong, tough player about 6-2 or 3. He played a 2-3 position. I think it was 1977. Duquesne had a star small guard named B.B. Flennery. I think B.B. was a Freshman - Huggins would have been older, maybe a senior. B.B. was a local HS legend (Valley HS.) He was a scoring small guard kind of like Talor Battle. In one of the games that season Huggins cheap shooted B.B. with a fragrant elbow to the head. B.B. was injured with a concussion and I think missed several, maybe many games. The rivalry between fans became VERY bitter and hateful. There were many racial overtures.

I watched last night and you are right, WVU is very good. Ebanks is a real talent. That being said, I imagine they’ll do the normal Huggins fade come March.

Ebanks is a kid I think Huggins is really “stroking” this season. Last season Ebanks was basically a rebound/put back guy. This season he was playing out on the wing and on the point. Shooting 3s also. I saw a different game where Ebanks played top of the key point in the zone defense. Ebanks was said to be a “one and done” player last year. But, he returned to WVU for one more year. He missed the first few games for “personal reasons.” He is a talent.

[quote=“tundra, post:1, topic:460”]I don’t know if anybody watched the game last night. WVU won big. They are very good this year.
I just wanted to note that this was once a very heated rivalry in the mid-late seventies. It was most heated due to the behavior of Coach Huggins (when he was a player.) Huggins was a fine player. Strong, tough player about 6-2 or 3. He played a 2-3 position. I think it was 1977. Duquesne had a star small guard named B.B. Flennery. I think B.B. was a Freshman - Huggins would have been older, maybe a senior. B.B. was a local HS legend (Valley HS.) He was a scoring small guard kind of like Talor Battle. In one of the games that season Huggins cheap shooted B.B. with a fragrant elbow to the head. B.B. was injured with a concussion and I think missed several, maybe many games. The rivalry between fans became VERY bitter and hateful. There were many racial overtures. [/quote]

I’m not old enough to remember the seventies, but this phrase you wrote was one of the most unintentionally funny things I’ve read on here is a while:

“Huggins cheap shooted B.B. with a fragrant elbow to the head.”

So many funny things there, I don’t know where to begin :smiley:

[quote="tundra, post:1, topic:460"]I don't know if anybody watched the game last night. WVU won big. They are very good this year. I just wanted to note that this was once a very heated rivalry in the mid-late seventies. It was most heated due to the behavior of Coach Huggins (when he was a player.) Huggins was a fine player. Strong, tough player about 6-2 or 3. He played a 2-3 position. I think it was 1977. Duquesne had a star small guard named B.B. Flennery. I think B.B. was a Freshman - Huggins would have been older, maybe a senior. B.B. was a local HS legend (Valley HS.) He was a scoring small guard kind of like Talor Battle. In one of the games that season Huggins cheap shooted B.B. with a fragrant elbow to the head. B.B. was injured with a concussion and I think missed several, maybe many games. The rivalry between fans became VERY bitter and hateful. There were many racial overtures.[/quote]

I’m not old enough to remember the seventies, but this phrase you wrote was one of the most unintentionally funny things I’ve read on here is a while:

“Huggins cheap shooted B.B. with a fragrant elbow to the head.”

So many funny things there, I don’t know where to begin :smiley:

i have thrown elbows before, never one that smelled though.

Ha Ha