Duquesne Transfers

per PPG

Melquan Bolding, who just finished his sophomore season with the Dukes, plans to transfer, a source close to the situation told the PG. The same source also confirmed that sophomore center Morakinyo Williams and sophomore center Oliver Lewinson will not be back with the team next season. Freshman forward Andre Marhold also could transfer out. Bolding comes as the biggest surprise, as he was the team’s third-leading scorer at 11.8 points per game, playing in 19 games.

Kid, aren’t you familiar with Bolding. He is from Mt. Vernon NY but prepped in Mass. He was originally a Louisville verbal. A top 150 prospect. He can really run and jump. A real slasher. Williams is 7-0 265. He is English and is a Kentucky transfer. Marhold is a very raw but athletic 6-6.

Bolding is good enough for PSU. May know Taylor and Taran.

[quote=“tundra, post:1, topic:1107”]per PPG

Melquan Bolding, who just finished his sophomore season with the Dukes, plans to transfer, a source close to the situation told the PG. The same source also confirmed that sophomore center Morakinyo Williams and sophomore center Oliver Lewinson will not be back with the team next season. Freshman forward Andre Marhold also could transfer out. Bolding comes as the biggest surprise, as he was the team’s third-leading scorer at 11.8 points per game, playing in 19 games.

Kid, aren’t you familiar with Bolding. He is from Mt. Vernon NY but prepped in Mass. He was originally a Louisville verbal. A top 150 prospect. He can really run and jump. A real slasher. Williams is 7-0 265. He is English and is a Kentucky transfer. Marhold is a very raw but athletic 6-6.

Bolding is good enough for PSU. May know Taylor and Taran.[/quote]

A little familiar. He played AAU with Talor on the city rocks in summer of '05. They won the Albany Gym rat tourney. Talor won MVP, he made the all tourney team. Same year originally as Talor. They were both playing up a year on that AAU team. He moved schools a bit. Beacon, NY, then Stepinac(White Plains,NY), then prepped. Haven’t seen him play. With numbers like he put up, he could certainly help.

So why is Duquesne seeing so much turnover?

Didn’t Duquesne have that shooting last year? Were any of these kids involved? Maybe they just wanted a fresh start away from all THAT.

The on-campus shootings at Duquesne occurred in September 2006, before Duquesne’s HC Ron Everhart had coached his first game on The Bluff.

Everhart seems able to take teams from bad to competitive, but he can’t seem to take them to the NCAA tourney. He also seems to have a lot of roster turnover. Some have mentioned Everhart as a candidate for Penn State if DeChellis departs at some point, but I don’t think Everhart recruits the kind of kids that Penn State would be comfortable with.

[quote=“Evan Ceg, post:5, topic:1107”]The on-campus shootings at Duquesne occurred in September 2006, before Duquesne’s HC Ron Everhart had coached his first game on The Bluff.

Everhart seems able to take teams from bad to competitive, but he can’t seem to take them to the NCAA tourney. He also seems to have a lot of roster turnover. Some have mentioned Everhart as a candidate for Penn State if DeChellis departs at some point, but I don’t think Everhart recruits the kind of kids that Penn State would be comfortable with. [/quote]

Good point Evan. The turnover in Everhart’s first two years was unbelievable! It stopped/slowed for a year now these 4 leaving. Meet several Duquesne rah rahs at the summer league. Nice folks. Proud of the school and good hoop fans. They love Everhart. BUT, I think it was mostly because they won some games after so many bad years.
I would NOT be comfortable with Everhart at PSU.
For what it is worth the Duquesne kids have been very well behaved in the summer league.

FWIW, Robert Mitchell (the guy in my avatar) transferred to Seton Hall from Duquesne. Hes the guy that was allegedly involved in the armed robbery and kid napping. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Evan Ceg, post:5, topic:1107”]The on-campus shootings at Duquesne occurred in September 2006, before Duquesne’s HC Ron Everhart had coached his first game on The Bluff.

Everhart seems able to take teams from bad to competitive, but he can’t seem to take them to the NCAA tourney. He also seems to have a lot of roster turnover. Some have mentioned Everhart as a candidate for Penn State if DeChellis departs at some point, but I don’t think Everhart recruits the kind of kids that Penn State would be comfortable with. [/quote]thanks. Why did I think that just recently occurred. Must be true that time goes by faster the older you get.

FWIW, Robert Mitchell (the guy in my avatar) transferred to Seton Hall from Duquesne. Hes the guy that was allegedly involved in the armed robbery and kid napping. :P

What’s wrong with kids napping? :wink: I think it’s one word, and actually could be one “P”. Has to be one of the strangest rules, both single and double “P” are acceptable for ‘kidnaped, kidnaper, kidnaping.’ I think one “P” was actually accurate, but so unusual they now accept both. I remember this from the Disney movie, “Kidnaped”, from when I was about 10 yrs. old, many moons ago.

[quote="Evan Ceg, post:5, topic:1107"]The on-campus shootings at Duquesne occurred in September 2006, before Duquesne's HC Ron Everhart had coached his first game on The Bluff.

Everhart seems able to take teams from bad to competitive, but he can’t seem to take them to the NCAA tourney. He also seems to have a lot of roster turnover. Some have mentioned Everhart as a candidate for Penn State if DeChellis departs at some point, but I don’t think Everhart recruits the kind of kids that Penn State would be comfortable with.[/quote]thanks. Why did I think that just recently occurred. Must be true that time goes by faster the older you get.

Updated version of the theory of relativity, E=MC[sup]2[/sup], where energy = mass * speed of light squared. The corollary is Memory recall= E/c[sup]2[/sup]* M(personal body mass). The corollary becomes a smaller and smaller number as we age and gain weight.

While totally off topic…I saw a show once that studied that adage and found it to be true. It was pretty interesting. It was all based on the correlation between being young and unwise to the world, and being older and having already figured the world out.