PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Duquesne Game

The Duquesne game should be interesting. The Dukes ( 5-4 ) have not set the world on fire but are very dangerous to PSU. They lost to Robert Morris the other night. The Dukes (like PSU) are VERY backcourt oriented. They got 6 guys who are 6-4 and under by my guess who are nice players.
Talley and Evans are very small but very quick. McConnell is a classic PG. Jones and Johnson are pull up mid-range jump shooter types. Monteiro is a slasher/driver. The Dukes (also like PSU) do not have a classic pure 3 pt shooter.
The Dukes exert defensive pressure in the back court and try to play a type of helter-skelter brand of ball. Their lone inside player is about 6-6 by my guess (Marhold.)
Again should be interesting. Teams are very similar. I think PSU needs Lewis to play and play well. Other wise the Dukes may wear PSU down with their pressure. Should be a hectic game. A couple of early fouls to Frazier could spell doom. Avoiding dumb fouls and turnovers will be paramount. I see PSU playing more zone than usual.

[quote=“tundra, post:1, topic:2907”]The Duquesne game should be interesting. The Dukes ( 5-4 ) have not set the world on fire but are very dangerous to PSU. They lost to Robert Morris the other night. The Dukes (like PSU) are VERY backcourt oriented. They got 6 guys who are 6-4 and under by my guess who are nice players.
Talley and Evans are very small but very quick. McConnell is a classic PG. Jones and Johnson are pull up mid-range jump shooter types. Monteiro is a slasher/driver. The Dukes (also like PSU) do not have a classic pure 3 pt shooter.
The Dukes exert defensive pressure in the back court and try to play a type of helter-skelter brand of ball. Their lone inside player is about 6-6 by my guess (Marhold.)
Again should be interesting. Teams are very similar. I think PSU needs Lewis to play and play well. Other wise the Dukes may wear PSU down with their pressure. Should be a hectic game. A couple of early fouls to Frazier could spell doom. Avoiding dumb fouls and turnovers will be paramount. I see PSU playing more zone than usual.[/quote]

Not a good scenerio, seeing how Lewis and Frazier have been hobbled recently. One of the problems with an ankle injury is that it may effect conditioning. Lewis has not played much, may be out of game shape. If Timmy is hobbled the way he has been described, not only may his gametime mobility be effected, but he too may not be in top shape for a track meet.

Penn State Travels To Duquesne Saturday

Game notes

Penn State Men’s Hoops Next Game Primer - at Duquesne

[quote=“CAPPY, post:3, topic:2907”]Penn State Travels To Duquesne Saturday

Game notes

Penn State Men’s Hoops Next Game Primer - at Duquesne[/quote]

Enjoyed that immensely … seems that the team and staff are staying correctly focused on just trying to get better … I’ hoping the fast pace with allow Travis to be a major player … will need to rebound and scoot !!!

Unless Penn State changes how they’ve been playing away from the BJC, Duquesne has a very real chance of winning this one.

PSU’s ComRadio podcast previewing the game on Saturday featuring yours truly.

???

Huh?

Duquesne is a significant favorite. Saying they have “a very real chance” is a bit of an understatement.

Lions clash with Dukes at Consol Energy Center

I’ll be in attendance supporting the Lions. I live in the Pittsburgh area and ironically this will be the first time I’ll ever be in the Consol center. Wouldn’t have it any other way of course. Let’s get a nice W today.

[quote="noobd, post:5, topic:2907"]Unless Penn State changes how they've been playing away from the BJC, [b]Duquesne has a very real chance of winning this one.[/b][/quote]

???

Huh?

Duquesne is a significant favorite. Saying they have “a very real chance” is a bit of an understatement.

Yeah last I checked they were 7 point favorites. I still think PSU is underestimated despite some very poor showings. I think we have enough talent to beat Duquesne, but the guys better have a good shooting performance tonight.