PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Doug gottlieb

Think his inside sources are correct about dechellis?

If Gottlieb has inside sources at Penn State I’ve really got to wonder what he’s doing with his free time.

Did I miss something? What is it that he said?

Right on.

Gottlieb has no inside source at Penn State. It’s a guess in an “inside source” wrapper.

The AD’s office can’t even get tickets to paying customers, they don’t get game notes out in time, they can’t think far enough ahead to ensure the team has a decent practice facility…

…and now they are faced with “media leaks” on a forward-looking plan? Why do I doubt that so much?

Is there a link to what Gottlieb said because I have no idea what this is about.

Something to the effect that if the team didn’t make the NCAA tourney then Penn State would be looking for a new head coach. But I haven’t seen a link to it yet.

There was a thread “don’t shoot me” that I deleted per the request of Captain Cappy. I would advise the owner of this thread to delete it or feel the wrath of Cappy!!!

Oh ok. Thank you very much for the reply.

This is one of those things like Joe being sick and stepping down. It seems likely to happen so somebody says it will, if they’re right they look smart, if they’re wrong nobody cares.

Gottlieb is more connected than you think. Not calling it etched in stone, but 8 years and no NCAA appearances is an issue and call for a change (assuming no berth takes place this year). Agree or disagree, I dont care, but if Gottlieb is announcing it on his talk show, he’s not making this stuff up out of the blue. He may not have a Penn State connection, but certainly has plenty of connections in the college basketball world who do have that connection.

[quote="NGameday, post:9, topic:2035"]This is one of those things like Joe being sick and stepping down. It seems likely to happen so somebody says it will, if they're right they look smart, if they're wrong nobody cares.[/quote]

Gottlieb is more connected than you think. Not calling it etched in stone, but 8 years and no NCAA appearances is an issue and call for a change (assuming no berth takes place this year). Agree or disagree, I dont care, but if Gottlieb is announcing it on his talk show, he’s not making this stuff up out of the blue. He may not have a Penn State connection, but certainly has plenty of connections in the college basketball world who do have that connection.

Yeah I highly doubt he sits around all day wondering what is going on with PSU and Ed :-\

[quote="NGameday, post:9, topic:2035"]This is one of those things like Joe being sick and stepping down. It seems likely to happen so somebody says it will, if they're right they look smart, if they're wrong nobody cares.[/quote]

Yeah I highly doubt he sits around all day wondering what is going on with PSU and Ed :-</blockquote>

Yeah that is my point…he is not hearing first person on this, but someone who is hearing this first person is probably telling Dougie about it.

Yeah I highly doubt he sits around all day wondering what is going on with PSU and Ed :-</blockquote>

His job is to be a college basketball writer and commentator, I wouldn’t doubt that he heard something for one second. The guy is connected to ESPN and one of their main guys for college hoops…he has his sources, definitely within the B1G Ten at least. I could see ED being shown the door at the end of the season, particularly if there is a collapse down the stretch.

No sense worrying about it now though, still basketball to be played.

Except news about Joe is national news and rumors are national rumors.

The audience for Ed news is much, much smaller, so the fact he made the point to mention this is at least a little intriguing.

It is odd that Gottleib would have the inside track on this information. However, would any of us be really surprised if this happened?

[quote=“rwd5035, post:15, topic:2035”]It is odd that Gottleib would have the inside track on this information. However, would any of us be really surprised if this happened?[/quote]I honestly would. TC has a vision and Ed is part of it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened, however I would be very surprised if Tim/Graham have already made a decision.

[quote="rwd5035, post:15, topic:2035"]It is odd that Gottleib would have the inside track on this information. However, would any of us be really surprised if this happened?[/quote]

I wouldn’t be surprised if it happened, however I would be very surprised if Tim/Graham have already made a decision.

How did Tim and Graham get involved with this.

[quote="rwd5035, post:15, topic:2035"]It is odd that Gottleib would have the inside track on this information. However, would any of us be really surprised if this happened?[/quote]

Huh?

Well if what Doug reported is true I would think Tim/Graham would be very involved ???