PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

DJ Newbill Injured

Out 3-4 weeks with a shoulder injury. True, he will not suit up this season, but it’s a big loss in that he probably gives Timmy and the rest of the guards (whoever’s left) some really good competition in practice.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/inq-pennstate/132281723.html

Bad news indeed! You don’t want to get to a point where you have to “turn down” the practices due to lack of bodies.

This is like when Ed took over for JD. So few players healthy and on the roster Dan Earl was practicing against the first team.

Rough start but will all be fine with time…I hope!

It is interesting. I remember the talk was Chambers was coming into a much better situation than the previous staff. Not so sure that is correct.

Never want anybody to get hurt and this is bad news. However, at least in this scenario we just need to hope that his shoulder recovers fine and he can still be the player in the future we need him to be. It sounds like that will be the case.

[quote="tundra, post:2, topic:2747"]Bad news indeed! You don't want to get to a point where you have to "turn down" the practices due to lack of bodies.[/quote]

This is like when Ed took over for JD. So few players healthy and on the roster Dan Earl was practicing against the first team.

If memory serves (and it usually doesn’t :-[ ), it was a 45 year old Kurt Kanskie that was praciticing against the 1st team. Danny Earl did not join the staff until 2 seasons later.

[quote="tundra, post:2, topic:2747"]Bad news indeed! You don't want to get to a point where you have to "turn down" the practices due to lack of bodies.[/quote]

If memory serves (and it usually doesn’t :-[ ), it was a 45 year old Kurt Kanskie that was praciticing against the 1st team. Danny Earl did not join the staff until 2 seasons later.

I think Hilary Scott jumped in as well

I hope that I don’t get reminded of Clipper practices this season. I really get tired of injuries. Hopefully Newbill comes back fully healthy.