PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

DJ and Drew

Talked to Drew earlier today and he said they spent the weekend down at a basketball camp in NC. They weren’t staff, or campers but they worked out at the camp. Here are the names of the guys they worked with.–JJ Hickson, Dwight Howard, Josh Powell, Ray Felton, Jawad Williams, Shamond Williams

Some other college players were there but I don’t think that it was really documented since the camp was targeted at high schoolers.

Can’t say the effort isn’t there.

Good for them. The PSU players need to play against different and quality players during the off season.

[quote=“tundra, post:3, topic:1304”]Good for them. The PSU players need to play against different and quality players during the off season.[/quote]I agree 100%. It’s why I didn’t comment on Kid’s post about how some of they guys are playing this summer. “So-and-so is playing really well …” doesn’t mean that much against your own new guys and last year’s backups. We all hope it is true, but outside competition always tells you more.

[quote="tundra, post:3, topic:1304"]Good for them. The PSU players need to play against [b]different[/b] and [b]quality [/b] players during the off season.[/quote]I agree 100%. It's why I didn't comment on Kid's post about how some of they guys are playing this summer. "So-and-so is playing really well ..." doesn't mean that much against your own new guys and last year's backups. We all hope it is true, but outside competition always tells you more.

I only commented on guys I heard about, and they happened to be local this summer. I also don’t know who plays in the summer league, but I don’t think it’s just PSU players. But the comments weren’t universally positive. I just stuck to those.

Where was the summer league you talked about located?

Don’t know. I assumed local to SC.

I think the Mansion Park league in Altoona is the best league in the area, but I don’t know how good that league is?

You could get St. Francis and IUP kids there.