PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

Dino Gaudio at PSU

Hey everyone, long time reader here on the forum but I decided to finally get an account and join in with the few, the proud, penn state basketball diehards.

Usually all of my questions on here get answered by someone regardless, but 2 weekends ago I was wondering if anyone knows why former Wake Forest coach Dino Gaudio was on campus? I saw him with Ed on the sidelines for the football game vs. Northwestern, and then he sat a few rows down from me for the East Stroudsburg game and was taking down notes during the game.

I was wondering if anyone here knew if he was a friend of Ed’s or anything of the matter.

Thanks guys, and look forward to posting all year long.

Ed was friends with the late Skip Prosser - that may be the connection.

yes, but was Dino seen at The Tavern?

[quote="tjb, post:2, topic:1501"]Ed was friends with the late Skip Prosser - that may be the connection.[/quote]

Yes he and Rick Neuheisel were having French Onion soup and then went to the Creamy for some Peachy Paterno.

I would think they know each other with Ed and Skip friendship. It shame Dino was left go at Wake. I hope Dino gets back it the coaching game very soon.

Are you from Pittsburgh? “Slippery” in Pittsburghuese is “Slippy”. Maybe the “Creamery” becomes the “Creamy”??? ???

It shame Dino was left go at Wake.

Well, as long as we’re picking on language in this thread, welcome to my biggest Central PA pet peeve ever.

Let and left have very different meanings. They are not interchangeable.

(Also, that sentence was missing an apostrophe, an s, and a definite article. :slight_smile: )

[quote=“bstanf, post:7, topic:1501”][quote link=topic=1530.msg33732#msg33732 date=1289843119]
It shame Dino was left go at Wake.
[/quote]

Well, as long as we’re picking on language in this thread, welcome to my biggest Central PA pet peeve ever.

(Also, that sentence was missing an apostrophe, an s, and a definite article. :slight_smile: )[/quote]

That drives me nuts - as does the similar swapping of “lose” and “loose” (although that seems to be more of a typing/spelling error than an actual usage error).

[quote="bstanf, post:7, topic:1501"][quote link=topic=1530.msg33732#msg33732 date=1289843119] It shame Dino was left go at Wake. [/quote]

(Also, that sentence was missing an apostrophe, an s, and a definite article. :slight_smile: )[/quote]

That drives me nuts - as does the similar swapping of “lose” and “loose” (although that seems to be more of a typing/spelling error than an actual usage error).

Sloppy quoting on message boards drives me nuts. :smiley:

Guilty. I was actually trying to be nice and not specifically call out who I was quoting in my post, so I removed the author=x part of the quote. Guess you can’t do that and keep the quote intact. :slight_smile:

[quote="tjb, post:2, topic:1501"]Ed was friends with the late Skip Prosser - that may be the connection.[/quote]

Yes he and Rick Neuheisel were having French Onion soup and then went to the Creamy for some Peachy Paterno.

The Rick Neuheisel sightings at State College were legit. The question that was never answered is “Why was he here?”.

I don’t why, but the whole Rick Neuheisel-thing remains very funny every time some pulls it out as a reference. :smiley:

[quote="jjepsu92, post:4, topic:1501"]the Creamy[/quote] Are you from Pittsburgh? "Slippery" in Pittsburghuese is "Slippy". Maybe the "Creamery" becomes the "Creamy"??? ???

I bet he is from Slibiety (East Liberty) :wink:

Nope. I’m from Wilkes-Barre Just can’t type for crap. Sorry guys.

[quote] Sloppy quoting on message boards drives me nuts. :D [/quote]

Guilty. I was actually trying to be nice and not specifically call out who I was quoting in my post, so I removed the author=x part of the quote. Guess you can’t do that and keep the quote intact. :slight_smile:

You can, you just have to leave everything blank. Simply the quote tags will suffice. [ quote ] and [ / quote ]

(spaces are just for displaying it)

quote author=bstanf link=topic=1530.msg33745#msg33745 date=1289847867
Sloppy quoting on message boards drives me nuts. :smiley:
[/quote

[/quote

This thread made my stitches come lose.

So I got a different thread and now all better. ;D