Denzel who?

From Jerardi’s column today:

[i]Denzel who?

Palestra custodian Dan Harrell is one of the most beloved people on the Penn campus. Really, who else carried a broom to his graduation?

Last spring, Harrell was introduced to a man who was accompanying his son on a campus visit. The son was going to be a member of the Quakers basketball team so a tour of the Palestra was in order.

As Harrell and the player’s father were talking, Harrell said he had to go. As it was Good Friday, he needed to run some Easter errands.

“Denzel, what do you do for a living?” Harrell asked the man.

“I’m a trying actor,” Denzel Washington said.

As Harrell was leaving, he said: “Good luck with that.”[/i]

Also from Jerardi’s column, he references this press conference of Miami (O) coach Charlie Coles following Kentucky’s comeback from 18 down to defeat Miami 72-70.

This is priceless.

UK-Miami Postgame: Charlie Coles

One of the notes at the bottom of the column was interesting:

* Dayton is living right. The Flyers have won 21 of their last 22 games decided by five points or less.

I guess Dayton has a high Degree of DeChellis, too!

Charlie Coles is awesome.

Amazing that he is still coaching after his sideline heart attack 10 or so years ago.

I seem to remember reading that he once felt screwed over by officiating and had some postgame gem along the lines of, “They brought me back from the dead to treat me like this?”.

[quote=“blue2blue, post:3, topic:395”]One of the notes at the bottom of the column was interesting:

I guess Dayton has a high Degree of DeChellis, too![/quote]

The key to a High Degree of DeChellis is winning more than the numbers you say you should. Close games is a kind of collateral event. :wink:

One of the notes at the bottom of the column was interesting:
* Dayton is living right. The Flyers have won 21 of their last 22 games decided by five points or less.

I guess Dayton has a high Degree of DeChellis, too!

The key to a High Degree of DeChellis is winning more than the numbers you say you should. Close games is a kind of collateral event. :wink:

Ah yes, you are correct. That would explain why I didn’t remember seeing them in Gasaway’s list :-[

[quote=“UncleLar, post:2, topic:395”]Also from Jerardi’s column, he references this press conference of Miami (O) coach Charlie Coles following Kentucky’s comeback from 18 down to defeat Miami 72-70.

This is priceless.

UK-Miami Postgame: Charlie Coles[/quote]

Post of the day, maybe the week. Thanks Lar.