PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

DeChellis transfers

(almost titled this transfers when I realized that might cause a heart flutter or two).

Babb is starting for Iowa State - he had 14 in an exhibition, 10 in a regular game, and plays Drake tonight.
Edwards went for 14 and 10 for Miami (O) tonight in a win over Dayton. So far he’s started one game and come of the bench in the other.

:frowning:

I really liked Edwards. I thought he was a player, had a great feel for the game, a high hoops IQ. His transfer bothered me much more than Babb or even Buie.

Iowa State lost to Drake tonight. Chris had 10 points and 2 assists

I imagine it is nice to satisfy one’s curiosity regarding the status of the former players who here under DeChellis who then transferred out, but I feel more like “who cares” when it comes how they are playing at their new digs.

While I don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade, I think of these guys as yesterday’s news. Last year’s team made it to a 9-9 record in the Big Ten, a spot in the Tournament Championship game and an NCAA berth without them.

This year’s team is young, tenacious, and energetic with the new head coach who seems to have a exciting approach to his style of preparation and coaching a game. I am quite happy with what I have seen thus far, without longing for what might be if Babb and/or Edwards were still here.

Looking back upon Babb and Edwards is like reminding ones self of what once was. Personally, I would rather look forward at what is here now and what has the potential to be.

I wish them the best at Iowa State and Miami of Ohio. I hope they each have a good season, but mostly, I hope that Penn State meets each respective team come postseason. Only then, will I likely find myself caring again how they are playing.

[quote=“Pure Energy, post:5, topic:2831”]I imagine it is nice to satisfy one’s curiosity regarding the status of the former players who here under DeChellis who then transferred out, but I feel more like “who cares” when it comes how they are playing at their new digs.

While I don’t want to rain on anyone’s parade, I think of these guys as yesterday’s news. Last year’s team made it to a 9-9 record in the Big Ten, a spot in the Tournament Championship game and an NCAA berth without them.

This year’s team is young, tenacious, and energetic with the new head coach who seems to have a exciting approach to his style of preparation and coaching a game. I am quite happy with what I have seen thus far, without longing for what might be if Babb and/or Edwards were still here.

Looking back upon Babb and Edwards is like reminding ones self of what once was. Personally, I would rather look forward at what is here now and what has the potential to be.

I wish them the best at Iowa State and Miami of Ohio. I hope they each have a good season, but mostly, I hope that Penn State meets each respective team come postseason. Only then, will I likely find myself caring again how they are playing.[/quote]

That’s why threads have subjects – so you can decide for yourself which to read and which to ignore. I enjoy reading about how all of our former players are doing – including transfers. You find it to be old news. Fine, I can see your point. So don’t read this thread.

I imagine it is nice to satisfy one's curiosity regarding the status of the former players who here under DeChellis who then transferred out, but I feel more like "[b]who cares[/b]" when it comes how they are playing at their new digs.

I wish them the best at Iowa State and Miami of Ohio. I hope they each have a good season, but mostly, I hope that Penn State meets each respective team come postseason. Only then, will I likely find myself caring again how they are playing.

That’s why threads have subjects – so you can decide for yourself which to read and which to ignore. I enjoy reading about how all of our former players are doing – including transfers. You find it to be old news. Fine, I can see your point. So don’t read this thread.

Thanks. Saved me the trouble.

Me too.

I even like following the careers of guys we missed on recruiting. Thanks for the thread. I heart college hoops.

[quote=“LPcreation, post:8, topic:2831”]Me too.

I even like following the careers of guys we missed on recruiting. Thanks for the thread. I heart college hoops.[/quote]

Yeah, like Andre Roberson.

[quote=“Pure Energy, post:5, topic:2831”]I imagine it is nice to satisfy one’s curiosity regarding the status of the former players who here under DeChellis who then transferred out, but I feel more like “who cares” when it comes how they are playing at their new digs.

I wish them the best at Iowa State and Miami of Ohio. I hope they each have a good season, but mostly, I hope that Penn State meets each respective team come postseason. Only then, will I likely find myself caring again how they are playing.[/quote]

+1 …

As far as the Subject Title, I thought Ed had left Navy!

I don’t care as much compared to our guys, but I like hearing about the ex-Lions.

Actually, you are the one that got me started on Jimmer. I remember you saying we should take a look at “this kid” in Albany who would make a great 2 guard. Great shooter, but not real quick. His name was memorable and I remember thinking he must be really good if he and Talor were scoring so much. Starting watching him as a freshman at BYU and it was great watching his career explode.

This year I’ll be watching as much Babb, Burke and Edwards as much as possible. Next year I’ll add Buie to the list. I hope they all do well. I especially want to see Babb and Buie reach their potential.

If my lady ever dumps me, I’m going to come to you for a pep talk. :wink:

It was disappointing that PSU lost those 2 guys. I think they would have made last years team that much better as it would have given Ed a little depth to work with. And obviously this years team would have benefitted with some experience. I think Babb would have fit right into Chambers style of play as a 2/3 player. Edwards probably not so much.

Hey speaking of old Penn Staters, I wonder if kid will be at the Navy-Siena game tonight… ;D

The Penn State Hoops story includes grads, transfers, almost-were and might-be-someday players in addition to, of course, the current team.

Thanks Lar for these “sighting” threads and for the “Matrix” pages as well.

Agree 100%. I thought Edwards had the most potential of any recent player.

Speaking of Ed D. I see where his Navy team lost their first game on the season last night @ Siena. And did anybody notice who Navy beat in their only home game so far this season? Penn State Altoona!! :o

I liked Edwards but I was not all that eyeball about his potential. Babb was a good player.

Navy is really young.

I really liked Edwards. I thought he was a player, had a great feel for the game, a high hoops IQ. His transfer bothered me much more than Babb or even Buie.
Agree 100%. I thought Edwards had the most potential of any recent player.
I thought Taran did but his off the court decisions prevented that at PSU :-\