DeChellis post-season wrap-up press conference recap

http://pennstate.scout.com/2/956427.html

Possible game against an SEC team? I like it

Is it to early to pin a thread at the top about next year schedule?

C’mon now. He’s scheduling to save his job. Why bother. :wink:

We should be able to beat Auburn :wink:

Will be the last place team. :smiley:

[quote="psu2013, post:2, topic:1035"]Possible game against an SEC team? I like it[/quote] Will be the last place team. :D

I am going to bet its Auburn or South Carolina.
Auburn would have gave Lebo a chance to coach in Pa again but that wont happen, and South Carolina because everyone else is smart enough to not play us.

Ole Miss :slight_smile:

Home or away

They are going to be a pretty good team next year they lose just one senior who doesnt contribute much and are bringing in one top 100 and a guy who was probably boarder line

Oh, thanks :D.

Kentucky in Rupp. We beat them there once with a set of brothers. ;D

Okay, the players didn’t get along or hang out. Maybe another pool party?

Weight training and confidence? Kind of elusive, no. Instead of working on a player’s confidence, how about working on skill development? Players get confident by improving their play, and getting minutes to work out kinks.

Some Big 10 PSU stats, conference games only.

9th in assist/TO ratio, trailing only Iowa and IU.
11th in FT shooting at .674, and 9th in FTA’s
10th in FGA’s, only ahead of Iowa
8th in PPG’s, trailing only UM, IU and Iowa
11th in blocks
10th in steals

On the bright side:

4th in 3 point shooting
6th in rebounds

[quote=“kidcoyote, post:13, topic:1035”]Okay, the players didn’t get along or hang out. Maybe another pool party?

Weight training and confidence? Kind of elusive, no. Instead of working on a player’s confidence, how about working on skill development? Players get confident by improving their play, and getting minutes to work out kinks.

Some Big 10 PSU stats, conference games only.

9th in assist/TO ratio, trailing only Iowa and IU.
11th in FT shooting at .674, and 9th in FTA’s
10th in FGA’s, only ahead of Iowa
8th in PPG’s, trailing only UM, IU and Iowa
11th in blocks
10th in steals

On the bright side:

4th in 3 point shooting
6th in rebounds[/quote]

Well 3 point shooting will have to get better as well being Babb was part of the ranking.

[quote="therealtruth, post:9, topic:1035"]Ole Miss :-)[/quote] Kentucky in Rupp. We beat them there once with a set of brothers. ;D

And we made the Sweet 16 that year too. I’m just pointing out facts. I’m starting to feel the positive vibes already.

[quote="therealtruth, post:9, topic:1035"]Ole Miss :-)[/quote] Kentucky in Rupp. We beat them there once with a set of brothers. ;D

And we made the Sweet 16 that year too. I’m just pointing out facts. I’m starting to feel the positive vibes already.

Oh me too!! There is absolutely nothing to be negative about. The same 3-14 team will be back minus 4 players.

[quote="psu2013, post:2, topic:1035"]Possible game against an SEC team? I like it[/quote] Will be the last place team. :D

I am going to bet its Auburn or South Carolina.
Auburn would have gave Lebo a chance to coach in Pa again but that wont happen, and South Carolina because everyone else is smart enough to not play us.

Lebo was just hired at East Carolina. Maybe he’ll get a chance to come back here through them.

It’s seems like Ed had a good, honest and BLUNT rnd of season press conference. He didn’t put a lot of fake “spin.”

The lack of team unity is a concern.

DeChellis sifts through tough season

http://www.centredaily.com/2010/03/24/1872390/dechellis-sifts-through-tough.html

Specific comments by Ed about Oliver, Marshall, and Buie below.

Billy Oliver, a 6-foot-8 forward who has played a total of five games in two seasons due to injuries and chronic migraine headaches, started spring workouts with his teammates on Monday and has doctors and coaches cautiously optimistic about his return to action.

“Billy’s doing pretty good,” DeChellis said. “He’s worked out over the last week, for about 10 days now, with no symptoms.”

Jermaine Marshall, a 6-4 wing who redshirted the season due to a knee injury, will look to fill some of Edwards’ minutes at the three or Babb’s minutes at the two.

“I think he finally got the full confidence in his knee the last month of the season,” DeChellis said. “Hopefully this will be a big spring for him and big summer for him heading into this fall.”

Also joining the backcourt will be Taran Buie, Battle’s younger brother, who averaged 20.8 points per game while playing both guard spots for State College Area High School this past fall and signed his letter of intent in November. Penn State fans are anxious to see Buie alongside his older brother next season but DeChellis plans to ease him into the college game.

“I don’t think I can put big expectations on a young guy,” DeChellis said. “Let him graduate high school, get on campus this summer and we’ll go from there. We’re excited that he’s gonna be here, but to put expectations on him, I don’t think that would be fair.”

Thanks for the info…what else you got for us regarding scheduling…have you heard anything about playing in upstate NY…you know, kind of like a homecoming of sorts for Talor and Taran. :o