PennStateHoops.com Discussion Forum

DeChellis' Future Future

Just what this board needs…another ED thread.

Sarcasm welcomed… ;D

EDIT: per psu_dc’s post, I’ve added two options regarding the PSU athletic department. There could be 20+ options by the time this is through. But I will not belittle this poll by putting stuff like manager at McDonald’s as some other sites suggest. Above all, we should at least respect the man. OK, “Become Uncle Lar’s agent” could be seen as an insult to ED ;D

D1 Asst.

I think he goes on to coach women’s tennis at either an Ivy League school or a service academy.

As long as its not associated with Penn State basketball or Seton Hall basketball, who cares! ;D

Craftsy’s personal assistant ;D

There are a lot of good options here:
http://joepasdoghouse.com/?p=1260

[quote=“bballguy, post:6, topic:1685”]There are a lot of good options here:
http://joepasdoghouse.com/?p=1260[/quote]

That site is so classless that it is pathetic.

That is the type of crap that this forum needs to avoid. It’s immature and downright insulting.

…but thanks for bringing it to our attention, bballguy. Wouldn’t expect anything less from our “johnny come lately” group.

May I suggest a forum more to your liking, where this type of trash can be thoroughly enjoyed…

Pennlive PSU Basketball Forum

I’ll let him be my butler… $5 an hour, under the table - take it or leave it

Asst coach at Michigan, will then suddenly take a leave of absence, then apparently get into a witness relocation program to never be heard from again.

[quote="bballguy, post:6, topic:1685"]There are a lot of good options here: [url=http://joepasdoghouse.com/?p=1260]http://joepasdoghouse.com/?p=1260[/url][/quote]

That is the type of crap that this forum needs to avoid. It’s immature and downright insulting.

…but thanks for bringing it to our attention, bballguy. Wouldn’t expect anything less from our “johnny come lately” group.

May I suggest a forum more to your liking, where this type of trash can be thoroughly enjoyed…

HAHA. I thought it was cleverly written. Sorry you didn’t like it.

[quote="bballguy, post:6, topic:1685"]There are a lot of good options here: [url=http://joepasdoghouse.com/?p=1260]http://joepasdoghouse.com/?p=1260[/url][/quote]

HAHA. I thought it was cleverly written. Sorry you didn’t like it.

Clever? It says DeChellis is 3-549, and that he should be a manager at McDonalds. You think that’s clever? I thought the worst thing about it was it’s complete lack of originality and it’s immature humor. It just wasn’t funny. It looked like it was written by a 13 year-old. All it was missing was a do-do reference. …and I’m usually the biggest a-hole in any crowd. My motto is “it’s OK as long as it’s funny”. But, that just wasn’t funny.

If you thought that was funny, I’ll bet that you are maybe in your late teens.

I respect your opinion and I understand that some people will find it funny and some people won’t.

I think Ed should take Curley’s job, personally.

psu_dc,

I’m actually going to add that option. I like that. ED is an all-around good guy who really cares for his alma mater. In fact, if Curley does go ahead and relieve ED, I’m thinking that he might somehow end up in the PSU athletic department in some capacity.

[quote="psu_DC, post:13, topic:1685"]I think Ed should take Curley's job, personally.[/quote]

psu_dc,

I’m actually going to add that option. I like that. ED is an all-around good guy who really cares for his alma mater. In fact, if Curley does go ahead and relieve ED, I’m thinking that he might somehow end up in the PSU athletic department in some capacity.

ed represents penn state very well. his background wasn’t right for a big ten job or to turn this thing around. He likely even knew that, and he tried absolutely everything, including attempting to bring on an NBA assistant who stiffed him within the first few months. that wasn’t his fault, but it really hurt his momentum. I have to think that he knows exactly what the program needs from the administration, and probably what kind of coach we need to be looking for. and you probably know what I think of curley. this would be a win-win for ed and penn state.

[quote="psu_DC, post:13, topic:1685"]I think Ed should take Curley's job, personally.[/quote]

psu_dc,

ed represents penn state very well. his background wasn’t right for a big ten job or to turn this thing around. He likely even knew that, and he tried absolutely everything, including attempting to bring on an NBA assistant who stiffed him within the first few months. that wasn’t his fault, but it really hurt his momentum. I have to think that he knows exactly what the program needs from the administration, and probably what kind of coach we need to be looking for. and you probably know what I think of curley. this would be a win-win for ed and penn state.

As much as I respect ED as a PSU guy, I would find it weird that the next AD at an overwhelmingly football school would come from the basketball side. Like Paterno, Curley will probably be in his position until he is 84 (or until Paterno retires, whichever comes first :))

psu_dc,

As much as I respect ED as a PSU guy, I would find it weird that the next AD at an overwhelmingly football school would come from the basketball side. Like Paterno, Curley will probably be in his position until he is 84 (or until Paterno retires, whichever comes first :))

If it weren’t for the awkwardness of having to work closely with his replacement, if and when he leaves, DeChellis would be a good candidate for a role similar to what Fran Ganter provides for the football program.

Ed’s not that old. If he truly thought that he had what it takes to be a head coach at the collegiate level, why would he accept some admin. job at this point in his career? If that happens, then I would really question his commitment to his current job and the wisdom of his hiring. Just because he was unable to be successful at the high D1 level doesn’t mean that he shouldn’t strive for a low/mid major position.

For the same reason why Larry Johnsons Sr. turned down a Def Coord. job at a BCS school in order to stay on as a def line coach.

One, it’s job security. Two, Penn State really is a family, not a coaching turnstile. People love State College and want to stay on State College.

[quote="Bulldog, post:18, topic:1685"]Ed's not that old. If he truly thought that he had what it takes to be a head coach at the collegiate level, why would he accept some admin. job at this point in his career? If that happens, then I would really question his commitment to his current job and the wisdom of his hiring. Just because he was unable to be successful at the high D1 level doesn't mean that he shouldn't strive for a low/mid major position.[/quote]

For the same reason why Larry Johnsons Sr. turned down a Def Coord. job at a BCS school in order to stay on as a def line coach.

One, it’s job security. Two, Penn State really is a family, not a coaching turnstile. People love State College and want to stay on State College.

It sure seems like many of the coaching decisions made here at PSU are based on someone loving State College and wanting to stay there, and not any magic that State College casts upon anyone who visits.